Shipper damage FE 155

Viper Fever

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just unloading Viper as We type this both rocker panels are dammaged from tun buckels they have insurance rockers were perfect. Question they want to pay to have them fixed or should I ask for new ones this was a nice viper. Rockers have a three inch or better one inch dent on eithere side thanks for replys

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's aluminum...it's fixable. Probably less hassle that way, and keeps the car 'original'. I'd be more concerned about the car having a carfax history if it's reported on an insurance claim.

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
oh, man!
sorry to hear Carl

aluminum will never be the same after its dented
it stretches the metal and is impossible to get back smooth without body-filler

have them buy you a new set that is paint-matched
since it is not an auto insurance claim, it should not show up on a carfax
you can just have them send you a new a set and put them on yourself

let me know if there is anything I can do

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

Viper Fever

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi guys thanks for the replys.
2snakes4us yes that is .
My thoughts are that they should have to buy new ones . There thoughts are we just want to fix them. The rockers were perfect. They are worried about there insurance rates. They said they carry really expensive cars all the time and this is there first damage. Can they be fixed yes but geese I just bought a nice Viper and now it is repaired just doesent sit well.

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DO NOT REPAIR THEM
they will never be right(especially by your standards ;))
you will be much happier if you just get new ones that are factory painted

if you want, I can bring my body guy over and give you a professional opinion

I understand they don't want to pay, but they did the damage and they need to own up to it

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks Tim

I will get some prices Monday and submit them to them and we will see what they say.
Oh and this Viper is pretty D@#m fast :D come over if you get a chance.

Did you see our ASC aquisition story last year? We have BRAND NEW SILLS, less than 50% of MSRP. On an insurance claim, you can come out with perfect, NEW, OE sills, and probably be money ahead.
You must be registered for see images attach

http://forums.viperclub.org/srt10-s...s-when-you-call-jon-b-mondays-outrageous.html

We will even take the damaged sills in TRADE, further making this a no-brains-needed call.

More NEW SIlls:
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Make sure that the quote that you give them is for repairing the sills with NO FILLER. Insist on no filler, no bondo. I doubt that you can find someone who will do that. Explain to the shipper that the sills get so hot that the filler will separate within 1 year and they will have to pay for it a second time. I don't know that any of that is true; but, neither do they. And even if the hassle factor with them is too high; to me, it would be worth paying the difference and getting JonB's OEM sills.

Take photos, so that if the next prospective owner finds this thread, he knows exactly what was damaged, and that it was fixed correctly so that he has no reservations about buying the car.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Jon I will be calling you on Monday thanks for the reply.

Fever, Im in for another hour today......paying my bills on Saturday AM! Or email me your phone and Ill call you Sat pm or Sun, as you instruct.. [email protected]

FE - G3 First Ed SRT; FED = Final Edition, G2.....now I see the thread. your profile shows neither........

Last edited:

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A few years back I got a new set of sills under warranty ( due to heat related discoloration) and they did not came "factory painted"
Luc 00GTS