Simeone Museum - Philly - Demo Days this Sat 2/23 - Daytona Coupe vs Ferrari GTO

zoomie

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
after Hunt Valley Cars and Coffee - around 10:00 am . Any other VCA Va/Md interested ??

Next Saturday, there may be a drive on the docket to Simeone Museum in Philly. Here are a few words shared with me by Al Yankolonis... For you American and Italian race fans, this is the event to see. The GTO pictured was first in GT and 2nd overall in 1962 Sebring -- driven by Phil Hill -- and of course the Daytona coupe was the first one built and also driven by Phil Hill in 1964 at Spa and Goodwood. First time these cars are side by side.
You must be registered for see images
Timeline Photos
Cobra Daytona vs. Ferrari GTO Demo Day Feb. 23rd.
We will have a very special in...door Demo Day in February, beginning promptly at Noon on the 23rd. Dr. Simeone will discuss the evolution of two of the most iconic of all racing GT sports cars: the Ferrari GTO and the Daytona Cobra Coupe. We will have an example of each in the main area of the museum and, using accompanying photos by Andrew Taylor, will examine the styling similarities - and differences - that made each unique. There are few places in the world (if any) where you can see these two machines together at the same time.See More
By: Simeone Automotive Museum

the race cars are driven at a safe speed around the adjacent property by personnel from the museum. The race cars driven on Demonstration Days are typically only seen in dated videos and motionless in museums. The museum itself is quite a spectacle. http://simeonemuseum.org/events/simeone-museum-named-museum-of-the-year
You must be registered for see images
Simeone Museum Named “Museum Of The Year.” | Simeone Automotive Museum
simeonemuseum.orgThe Simeone Foundation Automotive Museum was awarded the International Historic ...Motoring Awards “Museum of the Year” for 2011-2012 before an audience of racing legends, celebrities, collectors and industry heads.

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been to this museum. It is world class. As car guys (and girls) we travel all over and try to see cars that are interesting and different. The cars that are on display here are rare and pieces of history. The fact that these can be viewed running and driving, and possible be a passenger in one of these is beyond belief. This is an opportunity that may not be able to be experienced again.

Thanks to Zoomie for making this known to the club.

dru282

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately I work on Saturdays most of the time but not to steal the thread but what is Hunt Valley cars and coffee. I work in Hunt Valley and never heard of it. I wish I could go see those cars but again this Saturday I got to work to pay for the car. lol.

OP
OP
zoomie

zoomie

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
[email protected]

Almost every Saturday morning at Hunt Valley east end near Caribou etc. 7:00 to 9 in summer.. 8 to 10 in winter..

our choice of coffee locations -- Caribou, Panera or Chick-fil-A. (You might find Will laptopping some car stuff around 8 a.m. in Caribou.)

If you are new or it has been a while, simply look for the conglomeration of cars (albeit lighter than in the summer) near the former Best Buy parking lot. While we never have detail critics at any time of the year, winter time gives you an excuse to not mind some 'road history' emblazoning the side of your vehicle.

dru282

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds great. I actually did the window tinting on the Joe's crab Right there. I will surely check that out when I get a chance. I liked the laid back feel. Just get together and enjoy. Sounds good to me. Thanks again.

OP
OP
zoomie

zoomie

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
road trip after Hunt Valley has been cancelled due to freezing rain etc. postponed until later better weather.
- - Steve : How about perhaps a Viper Club planned day at the next Demo Day ? Pa/Va/Md/WV/Del etc ???
- - - perhaps April 27th ?? open on events schedule ..

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456