Skip Shift Elim. Nonfunct. with K&N Air Intake

YELLOWFEVER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've recently installed the K&N Air Intake/Filters on my '05 SRT-10. I've noticed that the skip shift elim. is now nonfunctional. The skip shift light does not come on either. I'm not complaining, since now I don't have to install my skip shift eliminator, but are they any negatives of this being nonfunct. with the K&N air intake? I've seen related posts in the past on this issue. Thanks.

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ralph:

Make certain that you did not damage the O2 sensor when you installed the K&N. You removed it from the stock air intake and then installed it in the K&N. Since it does not come out without effort, it is easy to damage.

If it is damaged, the PCM will receive error codes and multiple functions can fail.

You mention that the skip shift light no longer illuminates. You did not mention if there was a PCM error light displaying.

If the PCM registers multiple problems, you need to be certain that it is getting the message regarding reverse lockout and downshift limiter.

Alice

Brian E

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Cris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alice that sensor is not he O2 sensor but is instead the inlet air temp sensor.

nevrenuf

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, I just ordered the K&N setup for my 04.

Can I expect to have the Skip Shift Issue?

Is this really a "good thing"?.. sound like the only thing that happens is that I dont have to buy a skip shift eliminator or program it out...

Correct ???

OP
OP
Y

YELLOWFEVER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, then this sounds like a common occurence with the K&N intake. I didn't see any negatives associated with this issue on the related thread, true? I did recall the last post on the related thread stating a concern of the PCM possibly getting the incorrect air temp. readings and if there would be any consequences related to this? I don't have any PCM error lights displaying. If there are no negatives, then this is another perk for the K&N intake.

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom:

I have installed K&Ns twice. The first time the air temp sensor resulted in the problem. The second time I treated it like a heart valve. In my case, it came down to care when removing the sensor. While you can twist it out, for me it was better to simply pry it slowly and make certain that no harm came to it while installing the new unit. The problem Ralph encountered is not unusual, but it is preventable.

Alice