So I guess Michelins are my only choice now.....

Saint_Spinner

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I tried looking for options for my '97 GTS (Kumhos, Toyo's etc), and it seems that Michelins (and P-Zeros) are the only company that has street tires for our cars. Is this true, Luke?

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Check TireRack, Bridgestone just came out with the TA KDM V2 (or something like that) in the later Gen II sizes (18" wheels; the 335/30ZR18 in particular), and its $100 cheaper than the Michelin PS - they may have your 17" sizes. I spent an hour or two ealier this week going over their user comments about the Bridgestones, though, and found a couple of vehement negative comments about the Bridgestones in comparison to the Michelin PS, so I went ahead and just three days ago put another pair of Michelin PS on the rear. You may find the comments strike you differently, and the $100 each cheaper is tempting.

OP
OP
S

Saint_Spinner

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Check TireRack, Bridgestone just came out with the TA KDM V2 (or something like that) in the later Gen II sizes (18" wheels; the 335/30ZR18 in particular), and its $100 cheaper than the Michelin PS - they may have your 17" sizes. I spent an hour or two ealier this week going over their user comments about the Bridgestones, though, and found a couple of vehement negative comments about the Bridgestones in comparison to the Michelin PS, so I went ahead and just three days ago put another pair of Michelin PS on the rear. You may find the comments strike you differently, and the $100 each cheaper is tempting.

saving $400 is alot! thanks for the heads-up. I'll look into it. Yeah, I think my biggest problem is that I have the awkward 17" wheels...not too many performance cars come in 17" anymore...not to mention 17x13.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Callaghen