Soft top latch

eaks

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello all, I've had my new to me mamba edition srt-10 for about a month now. It's got about 40k miles and I'm slowing addressing all the small little issues that I've found. I replaced the head unit with a wireless car play plug and play solution and added a backup camera. I made some -10an lines to replace the oil cooler lines that were slightly leaking (just waiting on the orb-an connector and will do an oil change and get this sorted). Also waiting on my order from ipsco for a short shifter, knob lowering kit, couple mounts and a 2" seat lowering kit (I'm 6'4").

I find the soft top latch may have an issue but I'm not sure if this is how they are supposed to operate. When u unlatch the latch the actual hook doesn't seem to completely clear the latch and I sometimes need to use my finger to get it to drop and clear the latch to lower the soft top. When I fold it down the latch seems to sit horizontal and I expect with the latch undone it should be more vertical. It is more of an issue when putting the soft top on and latching I need to pull down the hook to a more vertical position while I try to latch the roof.

It isn't a big deal and I am quite used to it now but I'm sure this isn't how it is supposed to operate and expect something might have broken inside the latch. Any suggestions?

Also if anyone has any links and install pics of spoilers in the soft top srt-10 post some pictures as I am considering doing a spoiler as well.

Thank you everyone

99RT10GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you can take a quick video of you latching and unlatching your top, upload it to YT. Post it here, it will be easier to understand your concerns.

That said, it sounds normal, but a picture........... or video is worth a 1000 words. :D

OP
OP
E

eaks

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just went out again to play around with it and take some photos and it seems like if I unlatch and put a bit more pressure on the latch it will actually unlatch and stay more vertical so I can just close it without having to use my finger to get it locked in.. I didn't want to put any pressure on it and just assumed that was the way the top functioned..

I think all is good but I'll keep my eyes on it and see if it gives any issues after I played with it and know know where the latch opens and somewhat locks open

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Yeah, the last portion of the latch movement takes a fair amount of force and translates fairly little movement at the lever to a lot of swing on the hook. It should sort of lock open if you pull the lever all the way back.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21