5) .03
7) .03
9) -.15

2) 0
4) 0
6) 0
8) -.13
10) -.61

Spark plugs are Bosch Super FR8DC+ (7527) gapped to .032. I'm wondering about #3 with no color on the porcelain and the olive green deposits on the electrode tip. Also, the pinkish tint on the porcelain on #2 & 4.

The 02 sensors are in the header tubes of cylinders 5 & 6.

IMG_0593.JPG

IMG_0597.JPG

IMG_0594.JPG

IMG_0596.JPG

IMG_0598.JPG

IMG_0601.JPG

IMG_06022.JPG

IMG_0599.JPG

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
#3 runing a little leaner than all, #2 &#4 are not quite as lean as #3, how long have those plugs been in the car? Are you having any running issues? Non look that bad, I like to see them look more like #3 than #9. You should be running hot enough to burn the deposits off the porcelain. not sure about the "pink color" are you running any injection cleaner or colored ****?

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you looking for cruise, idle or full throttle plug readings ? And that leads to when you pulled the plugs...after idle, after cruise, immediately after a full throttle pull ?

Other than those questions they don't look to bad. I kinda like the way #3 looks :)

OP
OP
V

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
#3 runing a little leaner than all, #2 &#4 are not quite as lean as #3, how long have those plugs been in the car? Are you having any running issues? Non look that bad, I like to see them look more like #3 than #9. You should be running hot enough to burn the deposits off the porcelain. not sure about the "pink color" are you running any injection cleaner or colored ****?
Plugs have been in the car for 5 weeks and 1000 miles. Quite a bit of WOT between dyno pulls, drag strip runs and spirited driving. No injector cleaner or colored **** but I did run 2.5 gallons of leaded race gas on the strip mixed with 1/4 tank of pump gas. I didn't notice if the gas was colored. No running issues other than the wideband showing the car running on the rich side while cruising with AFR's in the high 13's to low 14's. Which makes me wonder why the PCM isn't correcting the AFR in closed loop to 14.7?

Are you looking for cruise, idle or full throttle plug readings ? And that leads to when you pulled the plugs...after idle, after cruise, immediately after a full throttle pull ?

Other than those questions they don't look to bad. I kinda like the way #3 looks :)
I pulled the plugs after cruise and short idle time pulling into the garage. I'm looking for whatever readings I can get. From what I understand, you have to look at the base of the porcelain for WOT so that's out. I'd really like some ideas why #3 and to a lesser extent #2 & #4 are so drastically different from all the others. So what you guys are suggesting is that they should all look like #3? And what about the green deposits on the electrode on #3?

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd really like some ideas why #3 and to a lesser extent #2 & #4 are so drastically different from all the others. So what you guys are suggesting is that they should all look like #3? And what about the green deposits on the electrode on #3?
Just thinking, could it be residue left over from the high octane leaded gas you put in?

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just thinking, could it be residue left over from the high octane leaded gas you put in?
that is what I was thinking, depending on where you got your gas, they have differant additives. I wouldnt worry too much about it. IT just looks like the car could be tuned a little leaner on most the cylinders, but if its driving ok I would leave it alone.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless you have an obvious issue, the plugs can only give you an insight after a full throttle run and an immediate shutdown. Then you have to view the bottom of the insulator. In affect you have to cut the thread body off. The exception is the heat range, if you look at the heat line on strap you can get an idea of the correct heat range.

RAYSIR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was reading somewhere that with a supercharger the air/fuel of 14/7 is no longer a valid mixture when the air is forced and it is a richer number. Thought I saw it on Holley or Wieand webpage when I was researching a s/c for my pickup.
Looks to me that your 2,3,4,8,10 plugs are lean run but not to the point of detonating.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc