Spark plug wires on a 94

Red94Roadster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm changing the plug wires on my 94 RT/10. I've started with the left bank and have easily changed # 1 and 3. 5 goes to a different coil. For the life of me, I cannot see or find an opening big enough to feel this coil? It appears to be on the passenger side, but there are no openings big enough to get a hyand in to feel around. Am I missinbg something, or do some of the wires have to be accessed from beneath the car? Help!

OP
OP
R

Red94Roadster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've removed both wipers and the cowl. I can get my hand in on the driver's side, but do not see an opening big enough on the passenger side??? Does anything else have to be removed?
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Remove airbox and shove your arm between the firewall and motor. I did it few weeks ago and other than the arm looks like a ********** cat got a hold of it, it was a piece of cake. Inbetween the coils there is also a bracket where the wires are attached to (middle and behind the motor).
If you go slowly one wire at time and pre arrange/compare the wires as you replace them, its piece of cake.

Brian 95 RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you go slowly one wire at time and pre arrange/compare the wires as you replace them, its piece of cake.

That's the key - do only one wire at a time - then you can feel where they go on the coil - because you won't be able to see where they go.

George Farris

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
There is also a water hose on the passenger side that you can pull up and out of the way - you DO NOT have to disconnect it.

That made it a little easier on my late 93.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960