Spring Opener Car Show @ *** Rootbeer w/BBQ to follow!

PacificSEASnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s that time of year again! And much less time to plan than before!!!

The Spring Opener Car Show at the *** Rootbeer Drive-In in Issaquah will be held on Sunday, May 15, 2011. This is one of the largest, if not the largest all-make/model/years car show in the Northwest. Last year we had about 10 Vipers enter!

We will meet at the Krispy Kreme in Issaquah between 6:30 & 7:00 a.m. The caravan will leave for *** promptly at 7:00 a.m. Show starts at 8:00 a.m. We will need to arrive together to secure parking as a group since this event attracts more than 400 cars each year. Entry fee is about $15.00 if I recall correctly. The show lasts until 3 or 4 p.m. if you stay for the all of the awards ceremony stuff, even though they try to wrap things up around 2 p.m.

For all those not into the car show scene as well as those attending, after (and during the latter part of) the show, there will be a Bar-B-Q at my place in Sammamish – about 15 minutes up the road from ***. Hope all of you can come out!

For anyone that would like to attend, but traveling at 5 a.m. is a bit too much, the Hilton Garden Inn in Issaquah has a special car show rate of $79.00 if you mention the show.

And please don’t be shy about not having a “show car” – I plan on taking the trophy for most rock-chipped/road-rashed paint. Bring plenty of sunscreen, water and your folding chairs!

6:45 a.m. Meet Up
Krispy Kreme Doughnuts
6210 E Lk Sammamish Pkwy SE
Issaquah, WA 98029

From I-90 East:
Take exit 17 (Front St/E Lk Sammamish Pkwy SE)
Keep left at the offramp, follow signs for E Lake Sammamish Pkwy SE
Turn left at Front St N
Continue on E Lake Sammamish Pkwy SE
After 1st light, Krispy Kreme will be on the right, same lot as Home Depot, next to Fred Meyer. If you somehow make it to McDonalds, you went too far.

7:00 a.m. Caravan
*** Rootbeer Drive-In
98 NE Gilman Blvd
Issaquah, WA 98027
Triple *** Rootbeer Drive-in
As a reminder, it’s cash only at ***. There is an ATM there, but the fee is $3.00.

1:00 p.m. BBQ
Reid Residence
Sammamish, WA

Hilton Garden Inn Seattle/Issaquah
1800 NW Gilman Blvd
Issaquah, Washington 98027
Tel: 1-425-837-3600
Fax: 1-425-837-3635
Hilton Garden Inn Hotel Seattle/Issaquah Washington - Seattle Area Hotels - Issaquah WA Hotels

I'm not sure how yet, but I'll have 2 cars there this year!

:drive::drive::drive::drive::drive::drive::drive::drive::drive::drive::drive::drive::drive:

OP
OP
PacificSEASnake

PacificSEASnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are still on. I plan to be at Krispy Kreme at 6:30 a.m. in my '48 plymouth. If enough people show to give me a ride back home, I can pick up my Viper & have both cars out. (my 2nd driver plan didn't work out)

Don't forget the after-party at my house - - about 15 minutes away from ***! It won't be anything fancy, but I am scrambling to get the car ready and the house picked up a bit. Grill has a fresh tank of propane and the pool table is (mostly) lint free. No Viper required for the after-party, but if you're planning on coming out & not to the show, please let me know as I'm waiting until tomorrow to get supplies depending on participation.

Thanks,
Charley

Last edited:
OP
OP
PacificSEASnake

PacificSEASnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holy Cats & Dogs, Batman!!! I'm going to have to call this one on accounta rain. I thought the showers were going to be more like most of today. I'm just too tired & sore to get everything ready for tomorrow. We'll have to postpone this event until a later date. Sorry for the late notice.

CR