Sputtering when reving the engine at neutral

Lundqvist

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car diffenetly seems like its running rich to me.. going thru the gas faster then normal. the car just doesnt feel like it has full power. when in nutreal and revving the engine hard its not a clear REV. it sputters and i have to rev it about 5-6 times before it revs thru nice and clear. One time black sud shot thru the exaust when reving the engine. iv changed the spark plugs and cleaned out the air intake although it might be dirty agian.

any ideas?

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car diffenetly seems like its running rich to me.. going thru the gas faster then normal. the car just doesnt feel like it has full power.

Clogged cat maybe.

I second that, just from reading recent posts. There are reports of exhaust manifold cracking, O2 sensor then not reading accurately, causing rich running, then fouling the catalytic converter. This is just an amateur input as to one possibility, based on some other's reported problems.

Hotrodder00

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Run a bottle of heat through the tank, remove any water (fixed the problem I had this week with my Infiniti, even living in Arizona!). Fuel filter could need to be changed too.