SRT vs GTS vs TA

donk_316

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can someone point me in the right direction as to what the differences are? I tried the drivesrt.com website but i keep getting sent around in circles and still cant find the differences.

SRT is the "base" model?
GTS has "dual mode" suspension and ultra fancy baby poop colored sepia interior?
TA is an SRT with aero package and grippy tires?

Sorry i really did try to find the answers on my own but the SRT website left me with more questions than answers. Useless asking the sales people.

After many fights back and forth with friends and fellow owners, I have decided to explore G5 ownership and deal with the little things I dont like but GOD HELP YOU if they release a ACR in 6 months!!!

It comes down to this: trying to compare the viper to other cars is impossible. Its in its own class and nothing compares. Many cars are lower value, many are higher value, but there is not one direct competitor which make chosing the Viper harder/easier.

We will see what happens now.

eachey51

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The base srt has less sound deadening and does not have the two mode suspension and it only has full on or full off traction control modes. Th gts is the mor lux viper! Better leather, two suspension modes, and four tc options. The ta is really an srt with th two mode suspension and th carbon aero package and a carbon rear valiance. The ta also has specially tuned suspenion and better breaks and it loses a little weight!! And dont forget about that lovely carbon x brace! Yummy

OP
OP
D

donk_316

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool. So a SRT with a track pack is the same as the TA?
Or can you order a TA with track pack?
Or the TA includes the track pack?
Or is the track pack even still available?

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Track pack is gone, but a lot of what was in it is getting rolled into the base models I believe. I think the old track pack was just a brake upgrade and lightweight wheels/sticky tires (upgraded brakes now standard and tires just an option). Maybe some other part removal for weight like radio and floormats? I think the T/A is probably considered the "replacement" to the track pack setup.

Nambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool. So a SRT with a track pack is the same as the TA?
Or can you order a TA with track pack?
Or the TA includes the track pack?
Or is the track pack even still available?

Track pack rotors are now standard on the GTS, not available on the SRT

TA has Brembo 2 piece rotors unique to the TA

eachey51

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can put it this way. The srt is th "cheap" "traditional" viper, the ta is the racecar, and the gts is the lux foreign exotic rivaling viper.

eachey51

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can put it this way. The srt is th "cheap" "traditional" viper, the ta is the racecar, and the gts is the lux foreign exotic rivaling viper.

eachey51

Enthusiast
Reaction score

eachey51

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WHAT??? Ok sry about the triple post. This website had me all confused.

Bruce H.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The GTS lends itself more to the dual duty of street and some track days with it's better brakes and suspension tuning perhaps, the TA would be more the track day car, with a future ACR traditionally being the more serious race upgrade.

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My take:

SRT: What we all have been used to for the past few years in a Viper with some nice upgrades.
GTS: The luxury Viper...rides nice, relatively confortable, a few extra electronic gadgits (seats, suspension, etc.)
T/A: Today's ACR....at least for now.

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree, the drivesrt website is pretty poor, pop ups and annoying circles. Hard to find the proper info in one place Base Price

SRT Viper $102,485
SRT Viper with the TA Special Edition package $118,485
SRT Viper GTS $124,985

The SRT has Nappa-leather, the GTS has real leather. The SRT has nylon seats standard, $3,000 option for leather seats, where the GTS comes standard with leather seats with the optonal $7,500 Laguna leather interior and Alcantara headliner.

The SRT stripes are $4,500 and don't go full length of the car, the GTS stripes are $5,000 and go the full length. Also the GTS has stree/race mode suspension and more sound deadening in the car.

2 vent hood only avail on GTS, 6 vent hood standard on SRT or $500 on the GTS
Body color tail light surround is standard on the SRT, black standard on GTS, body color optional at no cost.

Orange is avail only on the TA.

The TA is a $16,000 package that includes:
- CF Aero Package ($4,800 option)
- Pirelli P-Zero tires ($800 option)
- Mopar CF X-Brace ($3,100?)
- CF rear tail light surround (1 part of the $5,100 CF Exterior package, the front and rear CF brake ducts are not included )
- Matte Black Sidewinder wheels ($1,700 option)
- Ballistic Nylon seats and Bilstien 2 mode suspension
- Black & orange calipers, orange springs & Brembo Rotors (pretty sure they are the same ACR-X rotors? Those can be had for about $1400 pair)
- Orange, black or white paint.

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After tracking the GTS a couple of times, I shared my perspective with Bruce in another thread. I think this is pertinent if you plan on tracking the car much, as I do. If I were to do it all over again, I would buy a GTS and add the carbon aero package for downforce. Then buy an extra set of track wheels and tires. Here was my post:

"One comment about the TA- It was only 0.61 seconds faster per lap than the GTS at Seca. Here's the thing - at the tracks that I run, cars with basic aero (a wing and a splitter) are 3 to 4 seconds faster than those without. The TA had the carbon aero package, which adds 300 pounds of downforce at 150 MPH. That is significant, that should be worth at least a second per lap! I would NOT be surprised if the base SRT or GTS with the carbon aero package was as fast as the TA, I'm not convinced the TA is that much better. I'd take my GTS with the two-mode street/race dampers over the stiff TA for that reason. I'm trying to add the carbon aero package to my GTS, if Mopar will get off of their butts and sell it to me. Another thought to ponder - I really like the stability control system with 4 levels on the GTS. I like to drive it with reduced traction and stability control, but not full off. It's extremely well tuned, it won't intervene unless you really need it to. The SRT is either full on or full off, I don't like that. I don't recall if the TA is 4 level or not. But I would go with a Viper with 4 level.

"With the GTS, I just drove to Vegas with my lady and tracked at Spring Mountain for three days, then enjoyed cruising to fine restaurants and shows. Last month I went wine tasting with the NorCal Viper Club. In three weeks, I'm tracking it for three days with the Porsche Club of America (that's gonna be fun to play with the Germans!). It's a versatile car. A true GT car for sure, but it is stiff and raw and loud and connected and damned fun to drive! Not as isolated as the Corvettes."

Todd

Bruce H.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
^And I've taken that to heart, Todd. Has to be good enough to take the wife out in high style and reasonable comfort, combined with flexible suspension and DSC setups for my track days...and that looks like GTS all the way! Hopefully they can do something about the drone to ensure it's wife-friendly!

Bruce

LouN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Eachey51, that is the most watered down, over simplified, and basically incorrect analogy one can make!

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
^And I've taken that to heart, Todd. Has to be good enough to take the wife out in high style and reasonable comfort, combined with flexible suspension and DSC setups for my track days...and that looks like GTS all the way! Hopefully they can do something about the drone to ensure it's wife-friendly!

Bruce

Funny story Bruce - My lady and I drove 9 hours from Vegas together. She doesn't hear the drone, it doesn't bug her at all. It's only me that it bugs, LOL. I hear it, and drive on the freeway in 5th instead of 6th. And that's a common theme- I've noticed that a lot of owners don't even notice it, and others really do. I'm hoping to get an update from Claude on whether he's still happy with the Corsa, and how much it's improved drone.

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Todd,
How's this for a fast response ?
Yes, I really like my Corsa exhaust and would not go back to the OE one, but it's not totally drone free, as you still get some at various point in the rpm, sometimes depending on how much pressure you put on the gas pedal. Hard to explain exactly but it's easier to live with than the OE one. The big difference is the tone of the exhaust wich reminds me of a Gen4 with Belanger headers and mufflers, so it has a deeper tone than stock, louder but not obnoxious sound and you hear a lot more of the nice popping and burbling on decel. Altough I could say a stock Gen5 sounds better and louder than a stock Gen4, the Corsa takes it to the next level, just what a proper Viper should sound like !
Hope this all make some sense.

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Todd,
How's this for a fast response ?
Yes, I really like my Corsa exhaust and would not go back to the OE one, but it's not totally drone free, as you still get some at various point in the rpm, sometimes depending on how much pressure you put on the gas pedal. Hard to explain exactly but it's easier to live with than the OE one. The big difference is the tone of the exhaust wich reminds me of a Gen4 with Belanger headers and mufflers, so it has a deeper tone than stock, louder but not obnoxious sound and you hear a lot more of the nice popping and burbling on decel. Altough I could say a stock Gen5 sounds better and louder than a stock Gen4, the Corsa takes it to the next level, just what a proper Viper should sound like !
Hope this all make some sense.

Man I really want the Corsa! So a good option for most. However, I want to run at Laguna Seca from time to time, and if the dB is higher, it could be a problem.

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man I really want the Corsa! So a good option for most. However, I want to run at Laguna Seca from time to time, and if the dB is higher, it could be a problem.

Should not be a problem as its louder but not that much more. Probably a similar sound increase as when changing the stock Cats for some High flow ones.
Or think of it as a regular aftermarket catback exhaust with reduced drone.
You'll love it !