SSG Custom Snake Skin Stripes

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maurice Liang took delivery of his 08 SSG Coupe in January but before he had it shipped home he let Prefix work their magic. Never one to leave things alone he decided that a Snake Skin Green car needed Snake Skin accents. Here is the result:

maur-ssg.JPG

Maurice Liang with his new Toy!

After looking at many striping options Maurice opted for a tapered "Fangs" Stripe with the snake pattern ghosted in. The effect is subtle and effective. It matches the dynamics of the paint very well. A kinda of "now you see it, now you don't", depending on the lighting.

ssgchmsl.JPG

Snake Skin Stripe Detail:

ssg-hoodsnakestripe.JPG

ssg-hoodsnakestripe2.JPG

The SSG Paint is very dynamic with the color changing from Green-Gold to an almost Kelly Green. Pictures cannot accurately capture the color. I showed my wife the pics of the car last night and she wasn't impressed. However, today when she saw the car she was very surprised at how nice it really looks. After seeing the car in the direct sun, she turned to me and asked me if I was going to get one. Wow, I have her approval, unfortunately, I am a little short on funds......

ssg-front.JPG

Of course with the outside looking this good, Maurice had to address the inside.

ssg-inside.JPG

The leather seat insets were removed and replaced with a snakeskin patterned leather. The seats were then stitched with green thread and "Fangs" was embroidered in green on the headrest and center consol. And for the days when even the sunny side of the rock can't warm your reptilian backside, this car even has heated seats.

Here is pic of the SSG in it's new home.

ssg-elise.JPG

lineup.JPG
\

Yes, those are 70's vintage snowmobiles in the center.....

At the other end of the garage.....

lonely_vipers.JPG
...a very ..
..... a very lonely Gen I and Gen II since the new Viper and Elise arrived.

clearbra-ssg.JPG

At Valaya Racing, having a clear bra installed yesterday.

There are few more things that Maurice is doing to car before it is finished but it sure does look good.

Here is another picture that shows off the Snake Skin Pattern

ssg-front1.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What happened to the Fangs emblem on the front bumper??? It needs this to complete the look.

Good eye! The Gray background Fangs emblem was removed Thursday for clear bra installation. He has one on the way that is SSG color matched. He is waiting to for it to arrive to decide which one goes on the car. We set the stock one in place and the gray background really ties the stripes together for a finished look.

viperdude118

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ah! Okay makes sense now. From what I can tell about Maurice, he'd never let a detail like this go without thought. Glad to hear you guys are on top of it.

Two R/Ts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Simply Awsome Maurice! If you would like to donate your B/W Gts to me to make room for more new toys, it would be greatly apprecated!:hail::rock: Enjoy!!!!!

OP
OP
R

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is a better pic of the snake skin pattern of the leather seat. Notice the green stitching and "Fangs" logo on the head rest and the center console. He has a few more details to add before the car is finished. He has only had the car since last Monday and can't wait to get it broken in.

This car could possibly be at VOI-10. It really has to be seen to appreciate the level of detail in this car.

The guys at Prefix did an excellent job!

seat_detail.JPG

DSC_0022.JPG

Last edited: