Startech SRT-10 to debut at Geneva

getbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw it at the Startech display at the Houston Auto show. The red interior was horrible.
The guys working the area were pompous jerks. They said (as they threw their nose up in the air) that the Viper had a cheap interior just like a neon.
We all just walked away.

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Based on the pictures that I have seen of it a while back, I thought it looked like crap. I was like, yeah, okay then. Somebody's smoking crack.
-Daffy

jcaspar1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is new? These look like the same wheels as they already offer for the Gen I/II's. And why use 11" fronts if you are only using 285's. They fit fine on 10" wheels.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the wheels. Especially the little bit of offset they give. If I bought wheels, these would be the ones.

Matt Houston

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree...
The color combo and material doesn't really work!
A whole lotta money for a whole lotta nothin'

I like the wheels...not the umpteen thousand dollar price tag...

You must be registered for see images
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In a word... yuck. Give me the much lighter 19" Forgelines for half the price. And anyone who feels the need to upgrade the SRT brakes is almost certainly doing it for cosmetic reasons only -- they are the best I've ever seen on a street-legal car.

jwwiii

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello;

I am curious about these Startech wheels. Are they much lighter than the HRE #546's I have installed on my SRT (I posted pics here of them previously)?

These Startech wheels look pretty nice, but I too question the German taste on the interior stuff. I lusted after a "Nassau Blue" Porsche 911 in the mid 1970's; until I took a gander at the "bad plaid" ( not the real name of it.. the stuff was simply awful looking).

Are there any performance benefits to these wheels versus the HRE's? I've got to say that the HRE's are one well made, beautiful product. Curious, how much are these Startech wheels?

Jim

I Ben Therbefor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did they modify the front head lights? From the one picture, it appears that the insides of both lights are more pointed. That is, they appear to be sharper toward the hood. :confused:

BlackVenom

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The retail price is $10K for all four. I have a quote from them for $7500, plus $160 to ship them to my house.

The Startech guy at the Houston Autoshow said he did not like the red interior either. Of course, that was after I told him how ugly I thought it looked. :laugh:

Anders Dahlquist

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just come out of the Geneva show(Switzerland...).This show is the largest in the World.
It's the first time the srt is shown in Europe.
The reaction of the people at the show is simple:
Is it a BMW? No it's a Meredes. Ah it's a Dodge. And they leave.
I made pictures and counted 3 persons at the Viper/Startech stand. All 3 were looking at a Jeep exposed by Startech. Behind me two girls were wetting something looking at the Ram( Size does matter).
On the Ford stand 20 people were looking at the GT.
My opinion of the car? I keep my 2002 GTS( the Roe supercharger will be installed next week. Suspension and Stoptech 4 big brakekit is on. Mopar diff cooler is on. Roe headers(not fitting very well) and Corsa exhaust also next week). It's my 3rd Viper.
I had a long discussion with the Ford guys. Serious plans for the GT for Europe in 2005. They will be delivered at the Nurburgring. 80 cars, 40 of them for Switzerland. Mine will be number 25...
Maybe size does matter but love at first sight also.
Anders/Geneva/Switzerland

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
IMHO the Startech looks like $hit! The Germans don't know how to make a Viper. Dodge (America) made the Viper not Mercedes/Startech. Startech should stick to modding Mercedes since they can't comprehend what an American Viper (GenI & II) is all about. Even though the SRT is German (DC) now the Startech even makes it worse. Maybe Startech should try selling them to their German buddy...Saddam! While I'm at it I wouldn't go to the Geneva show either even if they are the biggest they are not the most important or best...Detroit is. Also, I don't like the Swiss much anyway...all they do is hide dirty money. Have they ever picked a side and fought for anything?

Anders Dahlquist

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think this forum should stay what it has always been: non political.
Anders/Geneva/Switzerland
PS. Bob Lutz(Viper father) as Louis Chevrolet(Chevy cars) as Freddy Rickenbacker(Flying ace) are all Swiss.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4