Stock '99 GTS, how much nitrous?

ss.slp.ls1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry if this is a repeat quesiton, I tried a search and got nothing very helpful. I hope I posted this in the right section too. I'm new to the forum.

I plan to install a Nitrous Outlet wet nitrous plate kit on a stock '99 GTS M6.

Kit includes:
-10# bottle
-bottle warmer
-purge
-FPSS
-Progressive controller
-nitrous filter
-blow down tube
-Twin nitrous plates
-Nitrous gauge
-Colder spark plugs

The only thing is I don't know what to jet the plates to. I was thinking 125-150 shot, but I don't know what the car can handle safely. This is not a daily driver, more of a weekend warrior.

Also what else should I do to prepare for the spray? I plan to get a tune to pull some timing and I also plan to fill up with 100 octane from the 76 down the street when I plan to spray. I heard something about changing the head gaskets.

Thanks for all of your help, I really appreciate it.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What's an M6?

I have a 2000 ACR (cream puff) and it has 600rwhp with a Paxton as well as a Nitrous Oxide System, exhaust and intercooler (Paxton) C02 chiller system.

I've seen 300hp Nitrous systems on some Gen 2 cars. 200hp is probably too much for a single bottle system, unless you have a second bottle to change over. You'd probably want to upgrade your fuel pump upgrade for the 300hp system. If you're running the stock exhaust there's a lot of hp in unpgrading your exhaust (on Nitrous). There would also be significant hp increase when upgrading your intake filter and airbox as well.

I suggest 150hp would be big enough to "turn your crank" while probably giving you 6 (?) quarter mile runs.

Ted

OP
OP
S

ss.slp.ls1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's an M6?

I have a 2000 ACR (cream puff) and it has 600rwhp with a Paxton as well as a Nitrous Oxide System, exhaust and intercooler (Paxton) C02 chiller system.

I've seen 300hp Nitrous systems on some Gen 2 cars. 200hp is probably too much for a single bottle system, unless you have a second bottle to change over. You'd probably want to upgrade your fuel pump upgrade for the 300hp system. If you're running the stock exhaust there's a lot of hp in unpgrading your exhaust (on Nitrous). There would also be significant hp increase when upgrading your intake filter and airbox as well.

I suggest 150hp would be big enough to "turn your crank" while probably giving you 6 (?) quarter mile runs.

Ted

LOL, I'm used to the Fbody and Corvette scene. A4 = 4 speed automatic, M6 = 6 speed manual. No need for that here. :eek:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
LOL, I'm used to the Fbody and Corvette scene. A4 = 4 speed automatic, M6 = 6 speed manual. No need for that here. :eek:

Things are different here. All Vipers are 6 speeds and the 5056 was originally invented FOR the Viper and then adapted for use in the vettes and Shebly GT500s. No long list of options. Racing design was a GTS and roadster R/T10.

The Vette engines (Z06 505bhp) were stressed to the max and don't modify well for large hp increases like the Viper engine. While making the same (approx) hp the Viper engines do it with 10 cylinders instead of 8. Think of a vette plus 25% for power handling. Stock Viper engines (like both of mine) make 800rwhp while remaining with stock internals.

Tires invented for each Generation of Viper and now all Tires have been obsoleted for the newest version PS2s because of the superior traction, symettrical design and longevity. Be amazed!

Ted

jpa99acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wha color is the car? makes a difference.

Sorry if this is a repeat quesiton, I tried a search and got nothing very helpful. I hope I posted this in the right section too. I'm new to the forum.

I plan to install a Nitrous Outlet wet nitrous plate kit on a stock '99 GTS M6.

Kit includes:
-10# bottle
-bottle warmer
-purge
-FPSS
-Progressive controller
-nitrous filter
-blow down tube
-Twin nitrous plates
-Nitrous gauge
-Colder spark plugs

The only thing is I don't know what to jet the plates to. I was thinking 125-150 shot, but I don't know what the car can handle safely. This is not a daily driver, more of a weekend warrior.

Also what else should I do to prepare for the spray? I plan to get a tune to pull some timing and I also plan to fill up with 100 octane from the 76 down the street when I plan to spray. I heard something about changing the head gaskets.

Thanks for all of your help, I really appreciate it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude