stock ride hieght for the SRT10?

Gforce

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just got my motons and eibachs installed and my the shop told me they lowered the car 1.25 inches in front and 1 inch in the rear.Problem is, the car looks just the same as when I brought it in. Still 3 fingers on top of the stock front tires to the fender well.

Since I have heard on the list that we don't want to lower more than 1.25 inches due to limited shock travel, i wanted to check with you folks to see if anyone knows what the stock ride height should be.

If I measure the distance from the front side of the front fender wells to the ground, I get 5 inches. I can't imagine that the stock one is 6.25 inches but I may be wrong. The back is 7 inches from the ground when measured at the back side of the rear fender well.

Anyone have any thoughts?

thanks in advance -

j

Herc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just measured mine, stock 05. Front of front fender, 5".
Aft of front fender, 6ish. Rear of rear fender, about
7 3/4". Top outside edge of front tire to fender well,
2.5 in, rear 3.5 in.
The Motons are height adjustable +/- 2", maybe
they did not set it correctly.

Hope this helps.
Herc :usa:

p.s. let me know how the ride is, am thinking of doing the
same thing to mine.

FLYNLO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got my motons and eibachs installed and my the shop told me they lowered the car 1.25 inches in front and 1 inch in the rear.Problem is, the car looks just the same as when I brought it in. Still 3 fingers on top of the stock front tires to the fender well.

Since I have heard on the list that we don't want to lower more than 1.25 inches due to limited shock travel, i wanted to check with you folks to see if anyone knows what the stock ride height should be.

If I measure the distance from the front side of the front fender wells to the ground, I get 5 inches. I can't imagine that the stock one is 6.25 inches but I may be wrong. The back is 7 inches from the ground when measured at the back side of the rear fender well.

Anyone have any thoughts?

thanks in advance -

j

As with any suspension install, you have to give the new components a little while to "settle in" and in time, it will lower a little bit more. Drive it around a bit..and if you're not satisfied, simply adjust it a bit more and lower that sucker!

OP
OP
G

Gforce

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Herc -

Just dialed the ride height down another 9 turns (about 1 inch) and it looks awesome. Don't know how to attach pcitures yet so ping me if you are interested but definitely makes the car look more imposing.

As an added benfit, probably won't hurt at the track either :)

j

Skip White

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jay if your off that much, you will need to get the alignment redone. Did you even have this done yet?

I have some good alignment specs if you need.

Skip White

OP
OP
G

Gforce

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was afraid of that :(

Thats the real frustrating part. I just paid to have the shocks installed, the car lowered 1 inch and put in a respectable smi-race alignment. something like -1.5 camber, small toe-in up front, small toe-out in the back.

I probably should have asked some of you guys first but the shop seemed to know what they were doing.

Any thoughts you could share on a solid track with a bit of street alignment are appreciated.

j

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kodiakleather