Stolen trailers!!!

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, it happened to me and Joseph Dell. We had two 18' Featherlite open trailers stolen from my shop between 6:30PM 12-25 and 11AM 12-26. Atlanta Georgia. Both have diamond plate storage boxes on the front. Dual axles. Anyone hears or sees of them being sold, traded etc, please contact us. Been here for 18 years with no problems--and now this!!! They cut the front gate chain, trailer chains and tongue locks using bolt cutters. Any help is appriciated. I have insurance, but would love to catch the bast rds. John and Joseph.

RobZ

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hopefully the thieves will get theirs. I am one of the fortunate ones that get to give my opinion on sentence recommendation for the a hole that stole my car last year. I also was fortunate enough to get the car back in mostly one piece.

Good luck to you.

Robert

Wendy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to hear of your loss since the SAME thing happened to us last year. Insurance covered our loss but it still *****!!

OP
OP
B

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words. I keep thinking of what I coulda, shoulda done to prevent this better. Never in my life have I had anything of real value stolen. Next trailer gets a GPS sensor. They must have been watching my shop for a while to know exactly what was necessary to steal them. John

OP
OP
B

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
More distinguishing features--- both have electric winches attached to the front of trailers (the part that the vehicle is on).

93VIPERBOY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had my open stolen from my shop in OKC, They caught some guy 1 year after who admitted stealing it but sold it to a guy in Mexico. Never to be seen again. Had no insurance on it. Good luck finding yours.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
snap, im sorry to hear this.

hope you find the bastages and beat them senseless. joseph, im up for a road trip if ya do..... :)

past ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Question....IF you make a Police report, doesn't this get entered into a stolen vehicle data base with the vin number ?? Wouldn't they check this data base at the borders ?? Or am I just too practical and smart !!!

TMan

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Question....IF you make a Police report, doesn't this get entered into a stolen vehicle data base with the vin number ?? Wouldn't they check this data base at the borders ?? Or am I just too practical and smart !!!

Seeing I am from Texas......Couple of bucks thrown at the border guards and you could ride an Elephant through without questions.

I hate thieves.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am so sorry to hear that your trailers were stolen!

We need to start a sticky for everyone that's had something stolen lately, seems like every day I am hearing or seeing somebody go through this.

OP
OP
B

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, more great news---F'N ( may I say that here?) insurance company that I've been paying for the last 15 years says====NOT COVERED!!!!!! What BS. Even my auto insurance won't cover it. My garage keepers states that since I did not cause the loss---NO COVERAGE!!!! A word to the wise from my loss---ADD TRAILERS, ETC TO YOUR AUTO POLICY. What's worse is I've got to call Joseph about this. I hate insurance co's===what a racket! Next trailer I buy WILL have LOJAC. Gonna have a beer or three now and calm down. John

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sorry, something about that JUST isn't right!

How can the insurance companies get away with that???

Have an extra beer on me:D

Well, more great news---F'N ( may I say that here?) insurance company that I've been paying for the last 15 years says====NOT COVERED!!!!!! What BS. Even my auto insurance won't cover it. My garage keepers states that since I did not cause the loss---NO COVERAGE!!!! A word to the wise from my loss---ADD TRAILERS, ETC TO YOUR AUTO POLICY. What's worse is I've got to call Joseph about this. I hate insurance co's===what a racket! Next trailer I buy WILL have LOJAC. Gonna have a beer or three now and calm down. John

vegas guy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After I lost my first trailer, from right in front of my house, and was told sorry for your loss by my insurance company, I took all kinds of precautions with my new one. I anchored I hooks into the cement, chained it and used a hitch lock. I felt the thieves would return so this time in addition to all the things I had done to prevent the theft I removed the hub caps and removed all the lug nuts and replaced the hub caps. I chocked the wheels so the trailer couldn't move. Well about 2 am I heard this crash! Yup the dirt bags returned, backed up a truck and cut the chains and hitch lock, removed the chock blocks hooked up the trailer and got to the end of the driveway and the wheels came off this theft! The trailer was jammed onto the hitch so the thieves took off running. Turns out they had stolen the truck also. No damage to truck or trailer. :lmao:

OP
OP
B

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vegas---good job! Next trailer gets LOJAC, and I'll leave it unlocked---guess why? I gotta buy Dell one too! John, totally po'd

Reaction score
HEY...! Won't you see them driving by on the way to Cuba?

I mean, seeing as you're not doing anything like selling houses and stuff, but are setting on the porch watching stuff go by.

Do you still have my beer?

:eater:

I'm retired now, its been a good, long run and its time to start enjoying life a bit more.

I was also real fortunate to invest my commissions over the past 25-years with The Bernie Madoff Investment Group.

The returns have been nothing short of phenominal.

I've been getting no less than 12% per year, every year, and must have at least a billion or two saved up in my sole account with Bernie.

Unfortunately, his investment funds are now closed, but since you are such a good friend of mine, I can probably make a call or two and get you hooked up with him.

I was thinking of withdrawing some of my money and buying a flight out to Texas to personally deliver your beers.

ShadowLight

Viper Owner
Reaction score
After I lost my first trailer, from right in front of my house, and was told sorry for your loss by my insurance company, I took all kinds of precautions with my new one. I anchored I hooks into the cement, chained it and used a hitch lock. I felt the thieves would return so this time in addition to all the things I had done to prevent the theft I removed the hub caps and removed all the lug nuts and replaced the hub caps. I chocked the wheels so the trailer couldn't move. Well about 2 am I heard this crash! Yup the dirt bags returned, backed up a truck and cut the chains and hitch lock, removed the chock blocks hooked up the trailer and got to the end of the driveway and the wheels came off this theft! The trailer was jammed onto the hitch so the thieves took off running. Turns out they had stolen the truck also. No damage to truck or trailer. :lmao:

LOL! That's awesome. That is a bit much work for most people but it's definitely worth it if you've been ripped off before. Too bad you didn't squeeze off a few rounds at them. ;)

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Home Owners insurance covered mine when i had a trailer stolen on a rented lot.

OP
OP
B

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've made a complaint with the insurance commisioner here. Got my fingers crossed. Plum---wisenheimer!!! What city are you in plum? I'm from Jersey--Bloomfield

HOLLYWOOD1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bandit, sorry to hear about your misfortune....about 1 year ago I had my vacation home in Vegas broken into and they totally wiped out the house....they even took a swiffer! What really ticked me off is they found some keys for the garage deadbolt that were hidden as I had reversed the deadbolt and took over 15 K of brand new Viper parts, complete set of 5 spokes, oil pan, shocks, flywheel, exhaust....never even got a whiff of where the whole house contents ended up......not to mention my car parts.

Still smarting from this one.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

man... where do you live that people have the nerve to steal right in front of you... twice!? The Viper and trailers are cool, but maybe you should get out of the ghetto first... priorities. (kidding) :D

0260in3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm a little confused here. Was the trailer insured by the insurance company and now they are not covering? Or did you assume you had coverage as part of your basic auto coverage? When I bought my trailer the first thing I did was call my insurer to let them know. I pay about $100/yr for trailer coverage. Should I be concerned that they will not cover if it's "not caused by me"?