Storing RT/10 hard top

KHitman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How are you guys storing your hard tops? Hangers, shelf, leaning against a wall? I'm trying to think of where I am going to put this thing during the summer where it won't get damaged or too dirty as I work in my garage a lot.

Don't supposed someone makes a bracket that you hang on the wall that fits the hard top just perfect?

RoadKing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about ladder racks ($10 Home Depot)?

holder2.jpg

OP
OP
K

KHitman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ladder racks... Now you're talking... Good one Roadking. Thanks for the picture. That should work out perfect.

jk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did that ladder rack trick also for my hardtop. I also added a pair of eye-hooks on each side near the top to which I attach a bungie cord to keep the top tight against the wall. I bought the bungie cord that Home Depot sells with the plastic hook on each end so there is no danger of accidently scratching the top.

KWIK96

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here's another tip.
I cover mine with a fitted sheet (the type with elestic edging)
Cot size or small bed size.
Keeps all the dust off

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about ladder racks ($10 Home Depot)?

I did the same thing several years ago, except made out of scrap 1" flat stock I had lying around. Wrapped with some weatherstripping and some tape. Our hard top is stored on the car -- unlatched -- for the winter. The soft top is assembled and in the rack for the winter. In the summer, the hard top goes in the rack. A furniture blanket covers them when in the rack.

Steve