Stripes or no Stripes?

2BADD 4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys

I know it is a personal choice of my own. But I cannot decide if I want silver stripes on an 01 Red Viper GTS or not! I am going with Red and a black interior. I know that I am not the only person to face this problem. When I see a striped Viper, she just looks so BADD. Mean looking, and the stripes look like fangs ready to bite! awesome look! When I see an all red Viper, she looks classy,****,exotic,and HOT to say the least. The car speaks for itself either way. My decision seems to change almost daily, almost with my moods or emotions. Gosh ,what do you do? Any advice? They are both so awesome to me! Leaning towards the stripes!

Thanks,Dave

Kurt 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that stripes make this car!!!! I love the look of a striped Viper, but either way you go it's an awesome looking car. Enjoy
You must be registered for see images

Reaction score
Asolution, get the car without stripes..and if you dont like it, down the road you get it sriped..basically see how you feel without it..once you have it on, very difficult to remove..you dont wanna damage the paint after that..I was going with stripes on mine, until I seen it all blk..Man i was like wow, how more evil looking can you get
Hope you enjoy..ps-Larry, Thats a hot ACR...SOON I'M POSTING MY PICS HERE NEXT WEEK..JUST GETTING THE ZAINO READY ON IT, AND THE WEATHER IN NY STINKS
CIAO GUYS

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stripes really impress the hell out of the pre-teen age group.I'll get them right after they start putting them on Rolls,MB,Lambo.....Stripes are more of a camaro/mustang sort of thing.Get stripes if you want to impress the grade school set. Bruce

ACR Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went through the same struggle for a few months. Then one day it was clear as a bell, the car had to have stripes. I communicated with numerous Viper cognoscenti regarding color selection and finally decided on Viper black stripes over silver. Best move I could have made. Even those that said that I should not stripe it, were amazed when they saw the car. I must add that a huge part of my happiness is the result of the incredible paint job performed by Chris Barone at East Coast Performance.

With that said, my only regret is that I waited to do it. To me, a Viper has racing stripes which it wears like a badge of honor. As far as color goes, that's a very personal matter. For me it was easy once I got over the non-factory color combination issue. Black over silver with black interior ...... totally classic look!

Look to the side of the screen. Do you see the photo of my car? Now look in the mirror. Are you smiling? You need stripes!

BWoodbury

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really think it depends on the color too. Blue with White is great.
I also like Silver with Black and Black with Red. If you have to stripe Red I would consider Black. Then again I've never looked at a Viper and said "Well it would look good if it only had stripes..."

Once you own the car and start driving it, the stripes or no stripes question will seem far less important.

mit, Take good care of that 2001 Saphire Blue without stripes. I'll be looking for one in about 5 years and it seems like most have the silver stripes...

Performin Norman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its like you said. Stripes are bold and stripes are classy. I think the car is bold by design. I mean, "Outrageous" does not imply classy. Therefore, I went stripes. I am kind of fond of them.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The inspiration for the GTS was indeed the striped Cobra Daytona. Bob Lutz also stated (back in 1994) that the Hemi-powered Cunningam was a white/blue striped monstor that he admired (and eventually bought.) ORECA certainly has stripes as the "Factory" livery........

So......culturally, historically, politically, competitively
Should a Viper have STRIPES?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
STRIPES IS DA BOMB !
STRIPES is I T !!
Is the Pope Catholic?
Does a Bear sleep in the woods?
Is Bill Clinton a lying, cheating, Mustang-driving CROOK?

Rich Detert

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would have to say Stripe it with Silver Stripes! Okay, well maybe my opinion is a little jaded.

There's a red 98 GTS with silver stripes here in St.louis that convinced me that silver was the way to go on red.

I think they were called LeMans stripes on a Cobra Daytona Coupe. Where do you think the Mustang/Camaro crowd got the idea from?
Answer= From the Cobra (and I don't mean the rustang type of Cobra). And you don't see them racing at LeMans!

I thought Slick ***** had an El Camino.

VEETENN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In my opinion very dark colors look good without stripes (black, dark blue) but I like the bright colors with stripes especially red. The stripes add a nice contrast to break up alot of red. My 98 all red GTS had no stripes when I bought it but I loved the original vision of the GTS with stripes so I planned on striping it when I bought it, the question for me was what color stripe. For me the bright red looked spectacular with white stripes (the same white used on the 96&97 blue with white stripes)I much prefer my red GTS with its white stripes than without stripes. To my eyes the stripes enhance the lines of the car adding greatly to the "WOW" factor. The painter thought the car looked much better with the stripes also. Team Viper had it right Go For The Stripes!

mit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The stripes in my opinion detract from the visual of the double bubble roof. I have a saphhire blue coupe and I am really happy I did not get the stripes. I think it depends on the color. I like the stripes on red and yellow. I don't like them on sapphire blue or black.

Keep in mind you can always have them put on later.

Performin Norman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vet4snak,

Thanks for the good words. I just wanted everyone to know that on the bottom picture, Bill Pemberton is driving the car. It is right outside of Woodhouse, just pulling into the parking lot. My wife is in the passenger seat. Bill, Thanks for bringing her back. Oh, and thanks for bringing my wife back also. LOL

OP
OP

2BADD 4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It WILL be STRIPES guys! After I drove the 97 GTS all red, I was kinda persuaded by the car and gawk. But yesterday on a showroom floor, I saw a 00 red/stripes and she just grabbed me. Gosh it HAS to be STRIPES!
And there is a big difference looking at a pic. of a car and seeing it in person for real!!!
STRIPES FOR SURE!!!

Thanks for all the feedback guys!
Dave