Stryker Green Debuts on 2014 SRT Viper at North American International Auto Show

Indy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So is it officially called the Viper GT, in contrast to the SRT Viper and Viper GTS? That's what Ralph seems to imply. Looks absolutely stunning! :2tu:

kdaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
not officially, Ralph makes mistakes too you know. i gues it's just easier to say "Viper GT" than "SRT Viper with optional GT package"

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like it, but honestly it looks a bit too like the snake skin green to me. Wish it was a darker tone green. But I still like it. Black striping would do miracles on that thing.
What ya waitin for? Show us some of your photoshoping skillz :)

Last edited by a moderator:

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And can someone please explain to me the GT package I didn't get it! SRT website says everything is upgraded to the GTS level i.e. leathers, electronics, ... what else is remaining other than the sound dedening materials? And why do you make this step when you make it only available for SG & VB colors! :dunno:

Mister Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Gents

First off - the show car you are referring to was NOT painted by our production team (Prefix), and, yes, the show car has a few, very minor defects. Please forgive the hard-working folks who got it done for the auto show, despite less than perfect paint facilities (again, not at Prefix). The media will not notice this, as some nit-pickers have...

But....Prefix has completed the first set of production Stryker Green panels, and they are absolutely stunning. Way better than the show car (really - we reviewed them under the bright lights today). You will not find another 'green' shade anywhere in the world as gorgeous as this. All you Snakeskin fans who've been whining about your 'new' green, get in line quick. This is a very hot color, and looks really stunning on the voluptuous Viper shapes. And I mean just as stunning as Stryker Red is - as in, it "leaves your mouth-hanging-open" stunning. My prediction is that it will sell very quickly...

Production starts in less than 2 days, (I'll probably get fired for saying that ;) and it will be very limited. If you want one, I'd advise moving quickly.

And that's all I'm saying on this, good night! (and thanks for listening)

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have they nixed Competition Blue? Haven't seen anything regarding the production of those cars.

ViperSSG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I consider the colors of the Mopar Musclecars (Viper included) to be as important as the styling and drivetrains; it's part of their legacy. If you've ever been to a VOI and stood in the middle of a parking lot full of Vipers it is something to behold. And for me the ones that are SSG really make it pop.

I also got to drive a Viper GTS as part of the SRT Test Drive road show. The car truly impressed me with its dual mode suspension and solid feel. It had a beautiful interior and during the drive not a single rattle was heard. The hood had a wonderful set of curves that totally caught my attention. I wasn't prepared to be that impressed, but I was.

Every time I've had a chance to talk to someone at Chrysler, Ralph included, I've told them I can't wait until they brought back Snakeskin Green for the Gen V. And with Stryker Green they've gone up a notch.

SRT thank you for listening to me and all the other SSG fans out there. I talked to my dealer today and we're ready to place an order when the system opens for Stryker Green.

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I consider the colors of the Mopar Musclecars (Viper included) to be as important as the styling and drivetrains; it's part of their legacy. If you've ever been to a VOI and stood in the middle of a parking lot full of Vipers it is something to behold. And for me the ones that are SSG really make it pop.

I also got to drive a Viper GTS as part of the SRT Test Drive road show. The car truly impressed me with its dual mode suspension and solid feel. It had a beautiful interior and during the drive not a single rattle was heard. The hood had a wonderful set of curves that totally caught my attention. I wasn't prepared to be that impressed, but I was.

Every time I've had a chance to talk to someone at Chrysler, Ralph included, I've told them I can't wait until they brought back Snakeskin Green for the Gen V. And with Stryker Green they've gone up a notch.

SRT thank you for listening to me and all the other SSG fans out there. I talked to my dealer today and we're ready to place an order when the system opens for Stryker Green.

Agreed, and congrats! One word of warning from someone who bought a Stryker Red- A number of dealers had placed orders for Stryker Reds but didn't understand that they didn't have official allocation from SRT. So their customers were SOL. You may have this base covered, but just be sure that your dealer can get one. If it's one of the better dealerships such as Woodhouse, Roanoke, Tomball or Normandin, you're in :drive:

ArnarFB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gents

First off - the show car you are referring to was NOT painted by our production team (Prefix), and, yes, the show car has a few, very minor defects. Please forgive the hard-working folks who got it done for the auto show, despite less than perfect paint facilities (again, not at Prefix). The media will not notice this, as some nit-pickers have...

But....Prefix has completed the first set of production Stryker Green panels, and they are absolutely stunning. Way better than the show car (really - we reviewed them under the bright lights today). You will not find another 'green' shade anywhere in the world as gorgeous as this. All you Snakeskin fans who've been whining about your 'new' green, get in line quick. This is a very hot color, and looks really stunning on the voluptuous Viper shapes. And I mean just as stunning as Stryker Red is - as in, it "leaves your mouth-hanging-open" stunning. My prediction is that it will sell very quickly...

Production starts in less than 2 days, (I'll probably get fired for saying that ;) and it will be very limited. If you want one, I'd advise moving quickly.

And that's all I'm saying on this, good night! (and thanks for listening)

A likely "nit-picker" here :2tu:

Good job if it was done "off-site" of sorts for the show. I for one didn't know that. There have been questionable paint jobs at shows before. I was NOT being negative on the paint job to be clear, I was just wondering if my eyes were playing tricks on me or if this was indeed paint defect. It was a bit surprising, given the high quality of the paintjob done by Prefix. Love the color by the way. Big fan of SSG.

My nit-picking post was centered around the camera/lens dust. Not saying that's SRT's fault directly, but these are official SRT pictures.

ViperSSG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed, and congrats! One word of warning from someone who bought a Stryker Red- A number of dealers had placed orders for Stryker Reds but didn't understand that they didn't have official allocation from SRT. So their customers were SOL. You may have this base covered, but just be sure that your dealer can get one. If it's one of the better dealerships such as Woodhouse, Roanoke, Tomball or Normandin, you're in :drive:

Holy smokes - excellent point. I'm working with one of the biggest Chrysler dealerships in LA, but it's not one of the Viper specialty dealerships like the ones you listed above. I will definitely confirm allocation of Stryker Green. Thanks for the advice, Venom V!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala