Suspension upgrade questions......

riverflyer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mendocino, on the lovely North coast of California
Though I don't have my car yet,(soon) I know I would like to upgrade the suspension as one of my first mods. I think the coilovers that adjust for ride height, and rebound would be very helpful to this end. Additionally I am wondering how many srt owners have switched their run flats for regulat pilots? It seems, from my limited srt seat time, that the runflats tramline quite a bit, and feel generally stiffer and less responsive than Pilots, plus the weigh quite a bit less I believe. Any feedback concerning these two issues, especially first hand experience appreciated. John

Skip White

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Runflats are stiffer in the sidewall, this is not idea for traction, but it's nice to know you won't have a flat. The worst thing about a flat is you won't know it till the tires sidewall disintegrates, you'll know it then. I had this happen to me. Only when during accell. will you suspect something might be wrong, never when just cruising, till it's to late. Many of the Viper owners have had this happen. Even after it happens you think your tire must have all the sudden shredded out the sidewall, when in fact you were running on a flat tire and didn't know it. The drawbacks to RF are not that bad. The car has great traction as it is. Lower the rears to around 24.5 when you want more traction. This is not to low. I've logged so many miles in on the Vipers and I am very particular about things such as traction and ride, and I tolerate the RF's very well, maybe when I need to buy a set, I'll think twice about this.

Skip

sportsdude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of the member has 19/20 wheels set up with coil over and lowered. Looks great and according to the owner, rides much better than factory. I believe he has Moton coil-overs and HRE wheels. Can't think of his name at the moment.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc