t1 results are in........

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One Viper made it into the top 5 and 3 vipers mad it into the top 10.Corvette wins again.No one will ever remember that the Vipers had restrictor plates.Only that the corvette's kicked ***.Scca needs to reduce the amount of restriction on Vipers or Vipers should boycott T1.Let it become a corvetts only class. Bruce

Eddie N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bill Pemberton:
GTS Bruce,

Boy you hit the nail on the head. Let's hope SCCA wakes up and levels the playing field!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

now i'm not a huge race buff, but i thought that was the point of the restrictor plates and additional weight.. to level the playing field between cars so that it comes down to driver skill and not horsepower..

no flame intended, just need to be informed...

- eddie -

Sonny 00 GTS ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check the field. 19 starters - 15 corvettes, 3 vipers (the Archer team) and one firebird (finished 17th two laps down). If it was a "level" playing field you wouldn't see so many corvettes. People will run the car that has the most advantage. The Viper dominated LeMans and most other racing venues until the sanctioning bodies regulated it out. It will probably happen with the corvettes soon - unfortunately it's the way it works.

By the way, coming in second place to John Heinricy is no disgrace. Put him in a Viper and see who wins. My bet is on Bobby.

BURNOUT.gif
BURNOUT.gif

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I wrote a letter to SCCA complaining about the rules. (They probably just think I am a wacko, but what the h*ll)

I know they won't answer me, but if they do, it comes down to money. Who wants to see Vipers win every race? (Besides us, that is) You gotta keep everyone interested, to sell ad space. (Well, thats my theory, but truthfully, I don't know which way the money flows in SCCA events)

The rules make it look like there are closely matched cars running competitively. The gives the illusion of a race.

How come there is no class for real, unrestricted production cars? I think it just su*ks.
shake.gif

99t1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This was told to me by one of the top Vette T1 mechanics last year:
"The reason you have the plates is because of Bobby Archer. (PERIOD)...if he wasn't so freakin fast and that car so worked they wouldn't be lookin so hard."

Congrats to John "Heinrocket" and the Phoenix boys for a solid win!!!...but the real applause should go to Bob Schader (3rd place) because I think he is actually an "amateur" and for some odd reason I thought this was supposed to be the best of the amateurs.

I humbly disagree with Sonny's comment:

"If it was a "level" playing field you wouldn't see so many corvettes. People will run the car that has the most advantage.”

The Vette has the most advantage...bang for the buck with the 02 set up it is currently the best car for T1 for many reasons...just simply compare the cost of a hood or quarter panel and it's a no brainer...some mid-level talent Vette guys know this and unfortunately make some poor decisions where these factors become reality... unless you own a shop, only knuckle heads run Vipers in T1..but I'm proud to be one and would never lower myself to a stinkin' Vette.

as for putting John in a Viper..I asked if he has tested one and he told me they have a GTS (01 or 02? can't remember) over at GM Performance that they do many tests with...and the joke is that DC made em pay full price for it too. What is not a joke is that our Team Viper/PVO doesn't give any support to us "amateur" T1 drivers running their ACR's in T1..they don't even have the courtesy of returning calls or emails. GM with John's direct help, has T1 specific suspension packages and remapped computers and other goodies just to give the Vettes an edge. I think they have one now.

as for the driving....at Mid-Ohio only...I think you could put John in anything and he will win. TWS is another story.

Better luck next year for the Snakes and just to mix it up we might even see a few Modenas and yes they will have plates too....bigger knuckle head???...wait and see.

DanElam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vic:
How come there is no class for real, unrestricted production cars? I think it just su*ks.
shake.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, there is, sorta. The SPO class is considered an extension of GT-1. I don't think SPO is a national class yet, however.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
99t1-

Thanks for the perspective. That helps me understand which way is up, with regards to T1 rules and drivers.

Dan E-

Ahhhh! As Johnny Carson used to say, "I did not know that!" That might be an interesting series to follow.

Dan, just curious, did you ever find out what was on the mind of that Viper driver in your video, who goes ballistic down the right side, through the braking zone? Correct me if I am wrong, but I didn't see you check the rear view or blindspot, as you manuvered toward the right, around the slower car ahead of you, just before that Viper comes barreling into the picture. (But for all I know, you may have already checked before the clip starts.)

I thought there may have been a chance that he was also overtaking at that moment, but was snafued by you moving over into his trajectory?

Hopefully, I have enough slack with you, to be able to ask these sticky questions, on an informal basis. If I am completely wrong, please accept my apologies in advance.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang