Taig Stewart's Venom TT puts down 993 RWTQ

Anthony - 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Taig Stewart\'s Venom TT puts down 993 RWTQ

I just got off the phone with John who is up in Utah tuning Taig Stewarts Venom Twin Turbo.

The car just put down the following SAE corrected numbers at 11 PSI of boost!!!!

837.1 RWHP :eek:

993.3 RWTQ :eek:

I knew the car felt fast when I rode in it in Houston and now I know why.

OP
OP
A

Anthony - 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Taig Stewart\'s Venom TT puts down 993 RWTQ

YIKES!!! Would like to see the graph curves. :D

John said the curves were like the mountains outside. They were still tuning and he thought the car still had more in it.

I will see if I can get the curves posted early next week.

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I was at the dyno this morning with john and taigs car. The car is in pretty good shape. The front and rear facia are getting repainted so they were not on and there was also no hood (It was at the body shop). In other words, we didn't go for a drive down the street. Anyway, this car ran for about 5 seconds on the dyno and it was done. I was impressed and thought this is a fast car. The dyno came up 837RWHP/993RWHP with more to go. Peak HP was at about 5000rpm so there is more to go.

As far as the SAE Peak numbers are concerned they are great but I don't know how accurate they are because the turbos are so much better at altitude. However, the uncorrected numbers are more than my corrected numbers on my car at the same dyno. Very impressive! This car should crush mine without any problem. The torque curve is insane.

I talked to taig and he is happy. There are still some more issues to clear up over the next few months but Taig is very happy to have his car here and putting out some great numbers.

I will post a dyno graph later.

It was great to finally meet John and Nick. I wish them the best at Ohio.

I truely think that Taig will get what he paid for and will have a smile on his face.

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Says a lot for the future of h m s.

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well I thought THAT meeting was NOT going to take place! Maybe change is possible after all! Wish all the parties the best!

OP
OP
A

Anthony - 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Says a lot for the future of h m s.

John and Nick from H M S are on there way to Norwalk, Ohio for the Viper Drag Nationals. The SRT10 650R Stroker Motor is being trailered up and should be there late tonight.

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

238Taig-med.JPG

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Good for Taig, I guess having a good attorney and $ to throw at them will get you a car...

Gerald

OP
OP
A

Anthony - 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Good for Taig, I guess having a good attorney and $ to throw at them will get you a car...

Gerald

Hey Gerald - that really had nothing to do with it. Taig, No Mercy, Hugh and a few others that I know of that don't post on the .org or Alley have all been taken care of or progress made towards full settlement in the past couple of months.

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Taig, No Mercy, Hugh and a few others that I know of that don't post on the .org or Alley

Huh..... no mercy had a post on the alley that got this whole thing going for taig to get it worked out with [******].

tattooed

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Hey Gerald - that really had nothing to do with it. Taig, No Mercy, Hugh and a few others that I know of that don't post on the .org or Alley have all been taken care of or progress made towards full settlement in the past couple of months.

oh come on! that is a crock! JH has only given nomercy (bill) about $2500 of the $20k+ that he owes him .... and that is after two years of b.s.! taig's car is trashed, and it has taken years now to get that sorted out to the point it is at now ... and it is far from over.

i really can't believe how quick some people are to forgive and forget what JH has done.

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Whatever - that torque curve is bloody awesome!

TT's are the ultimate booster! It comes in close to but a little behind Dr Roofs torquemonster below 4000 - but from 4000 on it rockets - look at how the power stays flat for so long - 800rwhp from 4200 to 6000! It so close to that magic 1000rwtq.

In the real world - I doubt there'd be any seat of pants difference between Taigs, Bens, Davids or Paolos - they're all monsters....

NOMERCY

Enthusiast
Reaction score

[******] and I are squared. I'll post the details after I talk with Taig and get his spin on his car. Looks good so far.

jkracer9

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Glad to see everything working out. Is Taig completely satisfied that he has what he paid for?
It is just bad when talking breaks down and Attorneys are brought in to muddy the waters. I wonder what Taig paid his Attorney that could have been saved and spent on Mods? Hopefully he didn't spend more on the Attorney than he spent on the TT.
Rohn