Tape suggestions?

Jon-Mike

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our club will be going to a 'performance driving event' this weekend. Last time I did so (a couple of years ago), I put some masking tape on a few vulnerable areas to help prevent chips, etc.

Only problem was it was sooo difficult to get all that tape residue off, esp. on the side sills.

Anyone have any suggestions for something I can use that will come off very easily?

Thanks!!!!!!!

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was a Z06 at the autocross I went to this past Sunday, he was using the sticky carpet protection plastic stuff like you would use for temporary carpet protection in a new house. It should be availible at Lowes etc. in rolls, clear. He has used it before and said it gave good protection and came off fine. He just pulls enough out (two people) to cover the length of the car, sticks it on, and trims out the wheelwells and vents. It looked rough because it wasn't smooth over the low spots, door guard etc. I will probably try it on the SRT10. I have also seen blue stuff on cars at Road Atlanta, it may be the same type stuff.

edit: Don't know if I would put it on the side sills due to the heat. My SRT10 has clear bra on the sills.

RoadKing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Drive faster and you won't have to worry about it!

Watch out for turn 4. I did a few circles in the mud last month. No amount of tape would have helped all the mud I packed in to the car. Oh well, thats what car washes are for.

Have fun and be safe.

OP
OP
J

Jon-Mike

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips guys!

RoadKing - :) inggggggggg, I just saw the picture in the newsletter of you in the rain! It's not too hard to find the mud when it's wet, I also know from experience ;) .

We were hoping you were going to be joining us, but we'll see you soon.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96