Temp Gauge Pic

98viperGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well I fixed my temp sensor and things are looking back to normal. I took her out for a little spin and took a pic of the temp gauge just to see what normal temps people are running. Here is the hot side. Is this normal?

You must be registered for see images

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In traffic with temps 95+ and the A/C running = yes

Row fan kit will help keep these down by initiating the rad fan at a lower temp.

:usa:

Last edited:

DanielR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That's approximately where mine gets to in my 1999 GTS before the fan turns on and the temperature returns to about 190.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is normal for me when sitting in 111 degrees. Of course most people wouldn't think of driving their car in these temps, and most people don't have a cooling system like mine.

You must be registered for see images

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats normal for warm weather, or if you are in heavy stop and go traffic.

When its 110 or so here mine will sit just a bit cooler than the next mark which is 220 when in stop and go or low speed driving.

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys. It was in traffic and the lights seemed to last forever. Once going it came back down.

Air flowing through the radiator will do that.

The Roe Fan Kit will kick that fan on typically withing 10-15 seconds of being at a light when the temps are hot. Easy install and well worth the purchase.

Dodge Viper Fan Control Kit, 96-02 Viper GTS and RT/10 - Cooling System Components - Roe Racing

Call him and tell him I recommended it and maybe he will cut ya a nice deal of MSRP.

:usa:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The fan coming on earlier will help, but even with the Roe duct and additional fans on my car it will not reach temperature equilibrium until 70 mph road speed. In other words, if doing 70 on the highway and you slow down to 50, the temp will respond by moving up slightly.

With all the stuff I've played with on the Gen 2 cooling system the #1 factor I've discovered is airflow.