Testing the waters I guess...

eclipzed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello to all! I am an enthusiast who has followed viper ever since its debut and has wanted one ever since I drove a 98 GTS! IMO going from a turbo charged car to a true muscle car was an experience. I thought the ride was rough as hell at 25 mph on a back road (it felt like 70 mph) but when I got her out on the highway I was seriously impressed!! All that torque!! Anyway I am trying to get your opinion on financing. I do not want a SRT-10 cause I don't like the styling (sorry guys) but I am looking into a 98-00 GTS. I do not want an R/T just because of the differences. How did you go about financing your viper if you don't mind me asking? How are insurance rates? Just trying to get a feel for the waters I guess... Thanks, Eclipzed

DarcShadow

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just got a standard car loan through my local credit union. I kind of had a hard time because every one kept saying I didn't have enough credit history. So I had to get my parents to co-sign for me which bumps up the intrest rates but not to bad and I'll try and refinance after a year. I figure a year of house and car payments should give me plunty of credit history. As for insurance it varys widely depending on where you live, your age group, tickets, etc. Min is currently about $1100 a year for full coverage in Fort Worth, TX. I've seen post on here with it as high as 2 or 3 grand a year and as low as 5 ot 6 hundred a year.

CTViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get a loan online in 20 minutes on E loan.com If you make enough money and have good credit they love to lend money! :D Also insurance rates are based on driving record and age. My 2004 SRT/10 is $936 a year. But i drop it in winter on my Prowler, Viper because they sit for 6 months in my garage. So really its $468 a year. Also if you own more then 3 cars at one time its cheaper because your getting a discount. You can't drive a 3 or 4 at once. ;)

98MODMTR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Correct me if I am wrong, but to going to a bank for a loan..they will only give you the blue book value of the car. Making you come up with the rest correct?