Thanks Janni Cone!

JeremyBlackwell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just wanted to say thanks to Janni Cone for taking a few minutes today to help me via phone with burping my Viper. She was right, it's very easy and a lot of people make it seem harder than it actually is. Janni and Henry (Raleigh, NC) have been my Viper mentors, they kick @$$
smile.gif

i was gonna take pictures to post on the FAQ write up of 'how to burp coolant', but it was sprinkling on and off so i had to hurry and get it done in so the car wouldn't get wet (i burped it outside). I had a hard time seeing the level of the coolant in the overflow tank (in the front fender), but i found a little trick that may help someone in the future...
clean the little slit inside the RF fender well where you view the coolant level in the overflow tank w/ Simple Green. then, remove the top hose from the surge tank (it goes into the overflow tank.) next, either use a turket baster or just blow with your mouth (DON'T GET ANY COOLANT IN YOUR MOUTH!!!) to apply pressure into that line, and you will hear the coolant in the overflow tank bubbling. have someone hold a flashlight up to the viewing slit of the overflow tank while you apply pressure to the line mentioned above, and they will easily be able to see the coolant bubbling around inside the overflow tank....may help you a little
smile.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc