Thanks Mark Jorgenson:) HPT pics

seabass

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Mark Jorgensen:) HPT pics

Wow - that's about all I can say. Not sure where to start. First tip, never let your significant other (was a fiance in my case) get a ride from #99. I got to hear about how she shaved 1s off his best lap time the whole way home. Not to mention how exhilirating a ride she had with him as the driver. The most painful of comments though was the fact that when I had previously given her rides on my snake that I didn't have any seconds to shave:rolaugh:.

Mark rode along with me during my track time. He was equal parts teacher, support team, and counselor.

This was my first track experience in a car and I look forward to many more.

The weather was perfect! 15 degrees below normal;)

I should mention also NARRA, Archer Racing (thanks for the oil change as i couldn't have done it without you), Skip Thomas a great teacher, and all the other drivers etc. that I got to meet.

There were 6 or 7 cars in the beginner group on a 2.5 mile track, I got passed 2x in the 3rd session... once by a car with a checkered flag on the hood? Looked like a pace car but by that time I was just going thru the motions. :drive:
:headbang: :2tu:

Here are a few pictures of the amazing time I had... thanks again.

#1 Mark
You must be registered for see images

#2 Mark again with my fiance in giggle mode

#3 Mark again... that's enough if I make his head any bigger it won't fit in the helmet or in my car!

#4 Red ACR #33

#5 #43 this paint job was sweet, grey with metallic flakes this picture doesn't do it justice

#6 ACR #54

#7 sighting lap prerace

#8 you can burn rubber and some grass

#9 Jim Stout's race car #33 notice the left front damage done during the race I believe

#10 purple race car #1

#11 race car #13 left rear damage done during the race

#12 yea, these guys push it to the limits! midrace runoff at turn #10

If anyone was here and is looking specifically for a particular car let me know I have shots from most sessions Saturday.

Last edited:

dtenney

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty sure #33 is Ben Keating and #1 is Jim Stout.

Thanks for posting the pics, looks like a lot of fun.
-David

OP
OP
S

seabass

Enthusiast
Reaction score
#1 Jim Stout for sure, very nice guy I got to talk to him for a few seconds... I met a few of the #33 clan but wasn't sure who was who:)

OP
OP
S

seabass

Enthusiast
Reaction score
anytime... best way to go... there were lots of TX folks there, one kid had an ACR graphite color who was pretty fast ex bike racer in a #6.

it was comforting seeing and hearing the other drivers out on the track and you could feel your car pushing the limits although I was on the slower end of times.

ex. Jim Stout ran some 1:42's I believe and my best lap was 2:02...

Mark was in the low 1:50's I believe.

Reaction score
1:49.4 no wings or splitters :D

Thanks for the pics seabass, got anymore you can send them to me at [email protected]

anytime... best way to go... there were lots of TX folks there, one kid had an ACR graphite color who was pretty fast ex bike racer in a #6.

it was comforting seeing and hearing the other drivers out on the track and you could feel your car pushing the limits although I was on the slower end of times.

dtenney

Enthusiast
Reaction score

A 2:02 sounds like a good time to me. Nothing wrong with being slower than people that have many more years experience on the track, as long as you are having fun. Also those WC Comp Coupes of Jim Stout and Ben Keating are faster than our street based Vipers, even the ACRs. The ACRs compare more closely to VRL spec Comp Coupes. For comparison, I ran 2:33 at Sebring with NARRA where Jim and Ben were running 2:13 to 2:14 lap times.

-David

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Looks like fun.

Our group of ACR's were 5 to 7 seconds behind the fastest world challenge comp coupes at Viper Days / NARRA Buttonwillow.

Dan

VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
08Viper_at_Heartland_Park.jpg
Lots of fun this past weekend at Heartland Park. Just thought I would do my part to trim the grass around the apexes.

I was running the #3 Black Coupe. If you have any more pics of the black car send them on.

Thanks.

V

Venomiss

A few more random shots from the weekend.
HPT2009_044.jpg

HPT2009_045.jpg

HPT2009_077.jpg

HPT2009_110.jpg

HPT2009_149.jpg

HPT2009_047.jpg

HPT2009_049.jpg

HPT2009_053.jpg

HPT2009_064.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

fergy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: Thanks Mark Jorgensen:) HPT pics

Good picture of my car. Can you send the original to me? It's car #43 or picture #5 in your list. My email is [email protected]. The car was wrapped by Skinz so it's not paint on the car.

BTW, car #13 was Bob Woodhouse in his Woodhouse Performance Viper. #33 was Ben Keating and #1 was Jim Stout. Bob was something at a disadvantage considering he had a 35% restrictor plate, Toyo tires, and 250 lbs added to the car all of which is required by the World Challenge rules and yet he led most of the race until the tires started to go. Ben got a bit nosey with Bob's rear end in an earlier practice session. :)

Car #54 is David McNiel. His son Chad was also there in his race prepared Neon. I was part of the family for the weekend. They both got coaching from Cindi Lux and I got some coaching from Bob Woodhouse.

I went out in the race group practice once. I'm thinking about joining the race group at Texas World in August so long as the guys promise not to hit my car or knock me off into a wall. :)

All of you Viper people should join us at the NARRA events. Having a Viper to only drive it on the street is like having a beautiful woman and only holding hands. There's nothing wrong with tracking your car. Your car won't get hurt and you'll get to see what these things can do and what they were meant to do. Come on out and have some fun with it. Doesn't only holding hands get a little boring? :)

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
No pictures of Kathy Stout's little beast as unfortunately the engine blew during Friday's practice. She is super fast in the machine, and mentioned to me she was running around 1:55 in a slightly different track configuration. Fast woman with a fast machine ---skill wise, she is one Stout driver ( okay, I couldn't resist, ha).

:drive:

OP
OP
S

seabass

Enthusiast
Reaction score

sorry, I didn't keep any of the neon:( my bad... check out darylsphotos.com or something similar as there was somewhat of a track photog there taking alot of pics all day.

dtenney

Enthusiast
Reaction score

sorry, I didn't keep any of the neon:( my bad... check out darylsphotos.com or something similar as there was somewhat of a track photog there taking alot of pics all day.

No problem, I was just curious to see the SRT-4's. Also thanks for the tips on darylsphotos.com he had a couple pictures of the SRT-4. Your Viper pictures are awesome, thanks for posting.

-David

dtenney

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No pictures of Kathy Stout's little beast as unfortunately the engine blew during Friday's practice.

I saw her car at the Sebring NARRA event and the car is amazing, wonderfully crafted. I also agree that Kathy is a talented driver. I had a great time watching her and Greg battle it out in the SRT-4s.

-David

OP
OP
S

seabass

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Video of me and some comp coupe racing at the end..........
NARRA Track day - Car Videos on StreetFire

Video of a lap at HPT:
Viper Vs Viper - Car Videos on StreetFire
early93 -= great videos!!! loved watching you go by the porche and z06:) the spinouts and nudges in the race groups were amazing as well... did you remove your camera from your car or did you have someone taking video outside of your car as well?

no offense but the video doesn't really do track time justice as far as the sound and feel of the g-forces you get while actually in the car but still are a great reminder of an amazing day!

best~seabass

Early93Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
early93 -= great videos!!! loved watching you go by the porche and z06:) the spinouts and nudges in the race groups were amazing as well... did you remove your camera from your car or did you have someone taking video outside of your car as well?

no offense but the video doesn't really do track time justice as far as the sound and feel of the g-forces you get while actually in the car but still are a great reminder of an amazing day!

best~seabass

Yep just removed the camera to watch the race. Don't have the track budget the big boys have.:D

Glad you liked!

fergy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've posted my in-car video. Not much but at least it's a view of the track.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nR6pn8jt9_0&feature=PlayList&p=2464CD21D45EE4E6&index=2&fmt=18[/media]

Early93Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've posted my in-car video. Not much but at least it's a view of the track.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nR6pn8jt9_0&feature=PlayList&p=2464CD21D45EE4E6&index=2&fmt=18[/media]

Increadible run!:2tu: Good God that's fast! What's been done to your ACR? What tires are you running? Hoosers?

fergy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Increadible run!:2tu: Good God that's fast! What's been done to your ACR? What tires are you running? Hoosers?

It's stock with ballenger headers/cats, K&N air filter (woo hoo!), and MOPAR race computer. It's running on Hoosier R6 slicks (315/18 front and 335/18 rear) on Forgeline race wheels. It's a 2008 ACR that was wrecked late last year by another member (i won't mention the name) and was rebuilt as a race car with full roll cage, fuel cell, fire suppression, etc. It's been gutted, of course, and as such offers even less amenities than a stock ACR, if that's possible. Right now it comes in at about 3210 lbs with 18 gallons of fuel. The fuel cell holds 26.5 gallons vs. the 18 gallon stock tank. I'll be removing more weight over time and we believe we can get another 150 lbs or so more weight reduction. I have no idea how much HP/torque the car has because I've not dyno'd it. However, other 2008 ACRs with the same mods have dyno'd at 605 RWHP and 580 RWT. I don't have any current interior pictures, but I've attached some from a few weeks ago. Believe me, it's still a work in progress. Prior to last weekend, I had only 5 full 30-minute sessions in the car. I've mostly been working on overheating issues, passenger seat, and other miscellaneous issues which are mostly all solved. I then had it wrapped. I started feeling pretty good about the car on Sunday while working with Russ of Archer Racing on the suspension, alignment, and ride height at Heartland Park. I still have a way to go to get used to the new car and lots of tweaks to get it feeling right.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

fergy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nice Video. Great job.

Your car seems to handle very well. My car (black #3 pointing you by on my out lap) does not handle near as well (no aero) and takes a lot to get through the turns as fast.

So where do you find those wrecked ACRs???? Ha!

Wrecked ACRs? They're everywhere, right? :) Actually, Ben Keating (Port Lavaca Dodge) bought the car from a friend of mine, repaired it, gutted it, sent it off to Archer Racing for the roll cage and fuel cell, and then the car was taken back to Port Lavaca to be completed as a race car. Wrecked ACRs don't have the value that a wrecked ACR converted into a purpose-built race car has. It's a lot of work, though.

I have a lot more work to complete on the car, though. Spherical bearings on the control arms and shocks, new suspension, window/center nets, radio, and a long list of many more things, I'm sure. The work will never end. The two most important things for me now is handling and weight reduction (for the car, that is).