Thanks Nick Majors

handyman_321

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Went out to mosport today and watched Nick and Alex race their comp coupes. First time I've been able to see a comp coupe up close and on track. They are amazing cars, and Nik and Aex represented the Viper nation very well. I watched Nick run 3 times and he won all 3. Alex was leading but had some bad luck with his undercaridge and had to pull off, but returned for the last race to move up the pack and finish 3rd.

If you get a chance to go watch these guys do yourself a favour and go. :drive:

Nick, I wanted to introduce myself and say thank you for giving me the info on the race and where to get tickets etc, but as you can see by the picture, you were pretty busy when I walked by (I'm assuming thats you under the car...) and I didn't want to interupt your work. Enjoyed watching you. :2tu:

Here are a few pics I took. Nick has the black car and Alex has the orange.

IMG_3064.JPG

IMG_3059.JPG

IMG_2969.JPG

IMG_2964.JPG

IMG_2960.JPG

santo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Isn't that a shame! I drove by Mosport today (in my Viper) and had i known there would be Vipers there, I would have dropped in for a bit.

Looks good but wish I could have seen you guys race.
Santo

BB Racin 77

Viper Owner
Reaction score
(I'm assuming thats you under the car...) and I didn't want to interupt your work. Enjoyed watching you. :2tu:

I really doubt that Nick would be under the car...unless his keys rolled under. But the Viper don't need no stinkin key!:drive:

Alex actually blew his transmission on friday, so I let him use one of my spares. Good job guys!

Nick Majors

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We had a fantastic weekend and some great Viper vs Viper racing. The two snakes dominated most of the weekend.

In the fastest class GT1 - where I am the defending champion - Alex beat me in the first race (running his fastest times ever in the 1:25's) and I won the next two and was presented with the BEMC/Dunlop Spring Trophy. It's been awarded for 57 years and has a lot of great racing names on it.

In the new Canadian touring series, I came second on Saturday and my co-driver Tony McGrath won the 40 minute feature on Sunday (we both share my car) so we are co-leaders of that series as well.

In the second GT1 race - Alex Habrich and I ran bumper to bumper and side by side through the corners for almost the entire race. Several times we came within inches of touching and the fans loved it ! Interestingly, we both had the exact same problem during the race. Both of our belly-pans came lose and vibrated the heck out of the cars. Fortunately for me (and unfortunate for Alex) - he ended up cutting a tire on the second last lap and I hung on for the victory.

Bruno - as for his transmission - we blew ours on Wednesday in testing. That's why I didn't have a spare to offer him. Just glad he didn't ask me for one on Tuesday, or it would have been me on the phone to you.

The other big drama of the weekend - I pulled a Juan Montoya :nono: . Yes - sitting on pole, I lost control and spun the car while leading the pace lap around the track for the final race trying to warm up tires :dunno: . Backed into the wall in Corner 2. The pace car stopped and line of competitors stayed behind me, not knowing what to do. I rejoined the line at pole and lead the race wire to wire :drive: (with lots of vibration from the rear end :eek: ).

Next race is June 2-3 in Shannonville and then back to Mosport on June 30 - before running in support races for CART at the Toronto Grand Prix July 6-7-8.

Nick Majors (aka Darthviper)

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

handyman_321

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Oppps... I thought I was watching you win the 40 min feature on sunday Nick...lol I guess you should never assume (you know athe rest).

It was still alot of fun...love the car

BB Racin 77

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Bruno - as for his transmission - we blew ours on Wednesday in testing. That's why I didn't have a spare to offer him. Just glad he didn't ask me for one on Tuesday, or it would have been me on the phone to you.

Nick Majors (aka Darthviper)

Nick, I am sure that you know I would not hesitate to do the same for you any time!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Callaghen