The ACR-X Vipers are unbelievable in person...

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:omg:.....Wow!........That pretty much sums it up.

Did an HPDE Saturday with a club I run with a lot. (Colorado Exotic Car Association -'CECA')
As of the last several events, I have been the only Viper in attendance, or maybe one other guy now and then.
-Somewhat cool as it makes me a shark in a pool of fish.

This time, I was the fish in a pool of sharks!
Total of 5 Vipers that day, and mine was the only 'street version'.
(talk about feeling deflated right away)

Two ACR's and two 'X' cars were there. ....Aside from that, three GT-R's, two Z06's, a handful of 911's, a few GT500's, BOSS302's, Lotus' and some other whatever stuff.

I drive in the advanced run group, and only had to contend with the ACR-X Vipers, and the best of what ever else was there.
I have to say, I feel pretty good about the day. The only cars I had to 'point-by' were the ACR-X dudes.
It was absolutely ridiculous how fast they were, -like I was parked (I did lift to help make the passes safer, but now I'm thinking that probably wasn't necessary)

I tangled with a Z06 for almost a whole session, passed him early on, then had to work to stay in front of him.
I could widen the gap in the corners, then he would regain some of it in the longer straights. (I had a passenger and he didn't, I wonder if that made any difference) -that, and his gearing advantage.

Anyway, the ACR-X cars were so mind blowing to watch go around corners -I had a great view of that for a short time.
I now understand the 7.03 N'Ring time. I have run with several ACR's at various events (who hasn't), and with a good driver, they are spectacular performers at the track. ...But the ACR-X Vipers are on a completely different level.
I was absolutely amazed at just how fast they are.
Also, just the opportunity to even see them up close in the paddock was cool.
With only 50 ever being built, I never thought I would see one in the flesh.

So....I don't feel bad being passed by ACR-X's.....cuz those things are FULL-BLAST!!!!!!! :headbang:

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Big difference between an X and a stock Viper. I am just curious why anyone (and who) would take an X to a 'point by' event? Where were they from?

OP
OP
A

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These guys were a father/son team from the Denver area I think. They had a single enclosed trailer the size of a Wal-Mart store. The cars were painted flat black with stickers all over them. (I don't think the stickers made the cars any faster, but they looked cool)
They seemed to have a group of guys as a 'pit crew' as well. Everybody wearing SRT logo stuff,(not like posers though) as if they were a real race team.
Had a bunch of those NASA class stickers as well. All that GT this, and TT that, and TU whatever that class stuff is. It was obvious, these dudes weren't losers, and it was a treat to run with such company. -I am thrilled to have been passed by an ACR-X.
I don't know why these cars showed up to my BOZO, 'only for fun', HPDE with sports cars, old and new. -including a handful of novice drivers.
I am feeling lucky that they came to our 'non-competitive event' -for whatever reason they did. It was an awesome experience for me.
Not all of us can afford to actually race, so we do these track days as a way of having fun with our cars, and avoiding trouble with the cops.

They asked me if I was going to attend the event at MPH in June. I was thrilled that guys like that would even give me the time of day.
I am not running the Hastings event due to the travel distance, and I have another event that weekend already as well.

So,...if you, or anybody else is going to Hastings, you'll probably get passed by these ACR-X dudes. -ugly style.

OP
OP
A

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice, any pictures?
:(.....I stopped bringing a camera to these events a few years back, because it was almost always the same group of guys with the same group of cars. Every once in a while an R8, Rossion Q1, 458 Italia, Pantera, or something cool like that will show up, and I wish I had a camera.

Then, because I don't bring a camera any more, two ACR-X's show up. :rolleyes:

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
here is my acr-x #37 and i love it- it does all the work for me;)
You must be registered for see images attach

bluestreak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Big difference between an X and a stock Viper. I am just curious why anyone (and who) would take an X to a 'point by' event? Where were they from?

I imagine that anyone with an X (just like any other race car) would do some testing as a session or two on race weekend isn't going to be enough. We see pro and amateur teams all the time at Point By events here in the southeast.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There were two X cars at Dan Cragin's January event at Willow Springs. Great cars to see on the track. I've got the power to run with them in the straights but can't keep up with them in the corners with their fresh Michelin slicks!

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
here is my acr-x #37 and i love it- it does all the work for me;)

There are (3) ACR-Xs in our track "gang". We travel mainly around the Midwest.
None of them compete, they just run HDPEs...:dunno:

Detlef

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those ACR-X's were probably Todd and crew from A.R.T in Estes Park.
They had 2 primer black ones at their shop 2 weeks ago, when the VCA was there for a dyno day.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:(.....I stopped bringing a camera to these events a few years back, because it was almost always the same group of guys with the same group of cars. Every once in a while an R8, Rossion Q1, 458 Italia, Pantera, or something cool like that will show up, and I wish I had a camera.

Then, because I don't bring a camera any more, two ACR-X's show up. :rolleyes:

They have camera's on phones nowadays.
Just saying.....:)

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ted Hughes will be in Hastings with his ACR-X, so we could have 3 in one spot ---plus there will be a reasonable number of ACRs. With Steve Sharples , Dir. of Viper/SRT Marketing there, it should be a fun, fast time for all !?

www.racemph.com
June 7-9th

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The X-Viper's are almost what the Competition Coupes are to the Gen 3 Viper's.. It's pretty kool stuff being a part of their development program and supporting SRT's Viper Cup race series to boot.. The cars are well enginnered and as tough as they come with 3 seasons down and still running hard! The competitors and their crew are a great group of guys and living it large when a field of ACR-X's gather at the starting line, drop the hammer and slip that clutch..:drive:

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE
Toddy

=DISTRIBUTORS OF POWER=:usa: