the search feature stinks here

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just tried to search for "DLM" and got nothing. i tried lower case...same result.

its IMPOSSIBLE there isnt a thread name or post with that in it. i even remember one recently by a certain mod around here with it in his thread a few times.

???

:fm::fm::fm::fm::fm::fm::fm:

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay you haters, let's put our minds together and think what these two searches have in common. Vipers? Well yeah, there is that - but that ain't it. The answer?

THEY EACH HAVE JUST THREE LETTERS

In a nutshell, the forum software is limited to FOUR letters or more. Eliminates very time and server-consuming words like "the" "car" "V10" etc. Nonetheless, I have alerted our programmer and asked him to make it three letters from now on. Hopefully he can get to it this week.

So there. :grumble:
:beer:

PS. And just for that sly reference to that "mod" guy, you now have some "smilies" in your post that I worked overtime to find for you a while back but you never seem to use... :disappointed:

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great, much appreciated! Say, what can you do about my saved to Favorites VCA forum links to various stories that now no longer take me to those old threads, but only take me to the VCA forums main page? :dunno:

Edit: Hey Plum, I just tried searching for DLM and ACR like this: DLM* or ACR* and got a lot of results. (* = wildcard?)

:2tu:

Last edited:

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And I would like it duly noted that in the effort to make the search engine accomodate three characters instead of four it took the entire forum down for three hours tonight. We work for you more than you know! :D

OP
OP
P

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
but when i put in "engine break in" i get some decent results...

much better now that it will search 3 letters...thanx chris !

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And I would like it duly noted that in the effort to make the search engine accomodate three characters instead of four it took the entire forum down for three hours tonight. We work for you more than you know! :D

It appears that the Search engine again will not accomodate searching on something like ACR. The question comes up often about what exactly is different about an ACR; but, a new (or old) user can not search for ACR in a thread title. (At least not today)