The Vomit Viper Is Back On Ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.

viperdoctor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's a better formula that he can use to calculate the true market price of his car:

true market price = [price of used 1999 RT/10 with 5400 miles] - [price of new red paint job] - [depreciation of a Viper that's been repainted]

SteveBCloud9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol....
tongue.gif
...;b...:]...
redface.gif

Daffy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please, for the love of all that's holy, stop posting links to this car. My sick morbid curiosity can't resist clicking on it & now I think I'm getting psychologically scarred by the sight of that abomination. I think a liberation rescue party should be organized, with spray paint cans and an exorcist, to try and free that poor helpless snake from its unearthly Dolphin possession.

That thing could be used in an anti-drug campaign:
This is your brain (pic of normal beautiful viper)
This is your brain on drugs (pic of the "abomination")

Hey I think that's a perfect nickname for it, you know how some cars are called terminator, anihilator, pit-viper, venom, etc.
This could be "the viper abomination GTS".

OK, I'm done, whew, it just makes me want to go and hug my car.

Dave.

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Here's a quote from his ad:

"You may already own a super car, or a really cool car, but you have to experience how people react to this Viper. I've never seen that before...
This car has magic powers :). "

I wonder how the car is making people react, you know, with it's magical powers and all? Is that something I really want to see?

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He originally had it posted for 140K, then took it off. Then post for 120K, took it off. Now it is at 180K and he is give a reward to a finder. Good luck chump. I think his pride got the best of him. Not willing to admit he paid way too much!

ntmatter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, sorry once again to be the lone dissenting voice, but I've seen the car several times, and the flames are really, really cool when you see them in person. IMHO the dolphins aren't just awful, they're god-awful (in terms of how they blend into the car), but the car as a whole is a platform for some very collectible artwork. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and this car will someday be someone's baby.

ELW98

Viper Owner
Reaction score
HE CLAIMS HE PAID...150K FOR THE PAINT JOB ALONE!!!!!!!!!

I wonder what he gets for painting front facia only (rock chips) 35-45K ??????? Sounds fair. I'll give him a call! LOL!!!!!!!

Ernie

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ntmatter:
Well, sorry once again to be the lone dissenting voice, but I've seen the car several times, and the flames are really, really cool when you see them in person. IMHO the dolphins aren't just awful, they're god-awful (in terms of how they blend into the car), but the car as a whole is a platform for some very collectible artwork. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and this car will someday be someone's baby.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
No problem Andy, we just need to get you an exorcism so that the car can't exert its magical powers on you any more
smile.gif

ntmatter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, I am serious - I love the flames on the car. He did pay $150K for the paint job by Lassen, but then Lassen is a pretty collectible artist and I'm sure it seemed a good idea at the time. The owner has a pretty amazing car collection, and gave the Lotus club a tour of his garage back when I had my Esprit. Anyone who thinks that the owner is an idiot should see some of the beautiful coachwork he has - my favorite was an Aston Martin prototype Le Mans race car from the '50s, of which there were only ever two.

I guess that one of the problems that I have here is that everyone is rushing to ridicule the car without having seen it. Well, I've seen it, and if I had the means, I'd love to have this RT/10 under glass in my garage. All I'm asking is that the board treats him with the same respect that we'd give any snake owner that puts on mods that we don't aesthetically agree with. God knows, I've seen some ugly wings and paint schemes on cars on this board, but I don't call their car a POS or a "Vomit Viper".

A.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Andy,
I agree with you that the flames look good, seriously. The big boner mistake was to put the fishies in the center of the hood. Distroyed the great looking flames, and I do believe if he could get this artist to fix(remove) the dolphins, he might be able to get 70-80K for the car. IMHO.

Mike

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've seen the car up close and in person........ I think it's a pile of crap.

I do like allot of his other cars. Very nice collection.

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ntmatter:
No, I am serious - I love the flames on the car. He did pay $150K for the paint job by Lassen, but then Lassen is a pretty collectible artist and I'm sure it seemed a good idea at the time. The owner has a pretty amazing car collection, and gave the Lotus club a tour of his garage back when I had my Esprit. Anyone who thinks that the owner is an idiot should see some of the beautiful coachwork he has - my favorite was an Aston Martin prototype Le Mans race car from the '50s, of which there were only ever two.

I guess that one of the problems that I have here is that everyone is rushing to ridicule the car without having seen it. Well, I've seen it, and if I had the means, I'd love to have this RT/10 under glass in my garage. All I'm asking is that the board treats him with the same respect that we'd give any snake owner that puts on mods that we don't aesthetically agree with. God knows, I've seen some ugly wings and paint schemes on cars on this board, but I don't call their car a POS or a "Vomit Viper".

A.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Seen it UP CLOSE&gt;

AND YES it DOES look like a piece of **** .

Reaction score
WOW!
Lassie painted that - Good Dog!
Why the other day I had this idea to go to the local hardware store and pickup some fast-dry Krylon. I thought, "Maybe I'll paint my viper with flames and a couple ninja turtles on it?"

I guess the dolphins were a better idea, I would have only been able to net $125,000.00 with the turtles or even a guppie scheme.

Yes indeed, beauty IS in the eye of the seller.

NO hard feelings intended - just poking fun
smile.gif
Doug

Serious Eric

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hmmm, maybe I could broker a deal to get ebay vomit-boy to trade even with ebay a$$-kick boy. That's what he deserves for pimpifying a viper.

OP
OP
V

viperdoctor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since we are pretty sure no one is going to big $180K, he should have some balls and start a new auction with an opening bid of $1 and no reserve...Some how I think that will prove my formula above...

Don Hiltz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some of the respondents have indicated that the seller is indeed serious. My question to them: What individual, with an IQ higher than the humidity, reduces the price of a car by $20,000 and then (in his next offering) prices it at $30,000 above the initial asking price???????

Why doesn't someone explain to the seller that prudent people LOWER the price of a car when it doesn't sell??

Am I missing somehting here????

remster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow, I had been dissed on in the 'vette forums, and I'd hope the snake guys would be a little more supportive.

The reason I put the price back to 180K is I'm tired of losing money with everything. You wouldn't sell your Snake for $10K. I won't fire sale mine either.
This car will sell for a good chunk or it won't.
I'll double up the reward when I re-list it.
Sooner or later someone's gonna want the reward bad enough that they'll find the guy or gal who has the money and the taste to buy it.

I see some people have issues with the dolphins... well, that's
Lassen's specialty. I could have done just the flames but
for the 150K that I paid, I wanted him to work on it a little more.
If you go to the steak house, you order steak, it's that simple.

Plus like some of you fail to understand, it's a babe magnet that I wanted, not a dude magnet. So I don't care if some guys hate it. Girls love it.

Speaking of hot chicks in front of the car, this is on the agenda... fitness babes will be photographed in front of it for an upcoming calendar.

no hard feelings. I probably would have said just what you guys said if I were in your shoes.
If one you wants to help a honest guy make it through tough times, the flaming viper is still sitting at this location . Thanks.

remster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still have the diablo roadster, momo edition, and I owe the bank 260K on it... but people will give me 190k for it. Losing money again.
Had to sell the F50 first because that was the most expensive one and the money went to pay some boat repairs... and that boat is sold too, at big loss.

I painted the viper because I didn't want the 2 italian cars to dwarf it. And now trust me, the diablo and F50 didn't get half the attention of the lassen viper, so mission was accomplished.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
remster,
You may list it for 180K, and make the finders fee half that amount, and it still won't sell. No one is going to over pay for a car that is worth maybe(big maybe) 80K. You should have left out the dolphins, it takes away from the flames.

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well you know what they say about beauty, its in the eye of the beholder. I for one think the flames look OK, but the dolphins! sorry they don't belong on a Viper. The Dolphins would look OK on a big truck like a Ford Lighting or something like that. As for the price, art is valued at the price somebody is willing to pay whether $50K or $180K the value will be determined by the free market.

With all the badgering this car has received and the owner personally, he seems to be taking fairly well. It can't be easy loosing all your high priced toys due to financial problems then have people poke fun at you, but oh well.

My estimated value -&gt; Car=$55K paint job=$5K famous painter=$5K so sell it for $65K

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by remster:
wow, I had been dissed on in the 'vette forums, and I'd hope the snake guys would be a little more supportive.

The reason I put the price back to 180K is I'm tired of losing money with everything. You wouldn't sell your Snake for $10K. I won't fire sale mine either.
This car will sell for a good chunk or it won't.
I'll double up the reward when I re-list it.
Sooner or later someone's gonna want the reward bad enough that they'll find the guy or gal who has the money and the taste to buy it.

I see some people have issues with the dolphins... well, that's
Lassen's specialty. I could have done just the flames but
for the 150K that I paid, I wanted him to work on it a little more.
If you go to the steak house, you order steak, it's that simple.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I gotta give remster credit. He knew he was getting slammed and he still came on here.

I gotta ask you remster what the hell do you do for a living that you can pay $180,000 CASH for a paint job on a car?

And YES I am jealous that you have that kind of money.
bounce.gif

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Remster,

In my opinion, you only have a few viable locations to offer that car and get anywhere near what you want for it / it may actually be worth. For the most part, you're not going find those individuals looking around on ebay to buy a custom Viper painted by Lassen.

1. Barret Jackson Auction

2. In a Lassen Gallery.

P.S.,
Next time you want to spend that kind of dough on a custom Viper paint job, use some sort of snake theme. If Lassen had painted it with some wicked snake on the hood, then it would be truly unique.

remster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MichaelP:

I gotta ask you remster what the hell do you do for a living that you can pay $180,000 CASH for a paint job on a car?

And YES I am jealous that you have that kind of money.
bounce.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm a computer programmer. Before the crash I was worth over 100 million bucks on paper. No kidding. That painting was a friggin rounding error on my bank account.

Now things cratered and I got screwed and I have to unload the toys to get by, but that was still a fun ride. I'll make it back one of these days.

If you want to read my rant on the rules I followed to make it that high, check this out. The old geezers may give me flak about it, but the young ones will probably enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.