Thermal Insulation Results

S

SUN RA KAT

I've overspent my budget this year and probably next year, so be sure to have at least the $1000 tunnel kit available for 2004. This looks like a good upgrade to have.

SSSSE YA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan Cragin selected our Viper as a prototype for a new thermal insulation kit.The Viper Tunnel itself wraps the muffler and cats in high temp thermal insulation and the sill itself has a thermal shield to replace the stock one. The air is allowed to flow freely through the two pieces and significantly reduces the amount of heat that penetrates the side sill – no more yellowing paint and no more leg burns. Our Viper has approximately 11,000 miles and the stock insulation was already burned through. Additional thermal panels were also created to replace the insulation sheet under the A/C, as well as header covers. The replacement thermal panel increases the effectiveness of the A/C and the header covers protect the wiring and brake lines from the excessive heat generated by the headers themselves. In addition to the Tunnel, header covers and A/C replacement panel, a hood insulation blanket was created to replace the existing paper-thin material on the underside of the hood. The hood insulation blanket is stunning, made out of silver, fire-proof material, including internal fiberglass insulation, and includes the Viper Logo. The workmanship is incredible! Not to mention never having to worry about heat damage to the paint on the hood ever again.
We were extremely pleased when we picked the Viper up. The looks and workmanship of the product are incredible (although you cannot really see the Viper Tunnel once the side sills are put back in place – with the exception of the small elbow that peaks out just in front of the rear tires). We drove the car home and we noticed right away that the Viper was much cooler inside and out. The temperatures have been greatly reduced on the side sills and inside the cockpit. After we drove home in 85-degree weather the side sills were just a little warm to the touch. The air conditioning works much better. On the way home the A/C was on the 1st setting only and it was very comfortable inside the cockpit. With this total package the Viper thermal kit will help in reducing side sill heat and discoloring (a must if you own a silver or white Viper), reduce under hood temperatures and improve the air conditioning efficiency.

usa-clear-s.gif
cool.gif
cool.gif
cool.gif
usa-clear-s.gif

Jerry Scott[CO]

Viper Owner
Reaction score
For $350 you can black JetHot 2000 deg. coat the headers and side sill parts of the pipe, muffler, and cats. This dropped the radiated heat enough to keep the side sills much cooler. You will find that the heat will now be driven to the back part of the exhaust system, where the uncoated tail pipes will now run hotter. I had to shield the Borlas from the differential and also shield the body opening from the tips where they come out the rear of the body. These shields were easy to make of stainless steel.

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jerry Scott[CO]:
For $350 you can black JetHot 2000 deg. coat the headers and side sill parts of the pipe, muffler, and cats. I had to shield the Borlas from the differential and also shield the body opening from the tips where they come out the rear of the body.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jerry...with the 2000 Deg JetHot coating, are you still running heat shields on your headers? I just got my headers back with the coating...I just used header wrap under the side sills...Great tip on the heat shields in the rear!