This is bad

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The VOI should be in vegas where there isn't as much threat of rain... and it's closer to me.

FUSCUCLA1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the Vegas idea too, but since a recent one was already in Vegas I guess VOI should come to LA....even closer
smile.gif

San Diego would be nice too, but I don't think there will be anymore VOIs.

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It rained at the Vegas one too
frown.gif

I really do think they should choose a place like NV or CA though that has a very low chance of rain. It's not like it's that much MORE of a big deal to transport your car to NV from Maine than it is to transport it to TN. Maybe switch off between Florida, Cali, and Nevada.

I think there will be more VOI's. I asked the question to the people that would know the "right" answer and I was told that no decision has been made, but that a decision is never made until the current VOI at the earliest.

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FUSCUCLA1:
I like the Vegas idea too, but since a recent one was already in Vegas I guess VOI should come to LA....even closer
smile.gif

San Diego would be nice too, but I don't think there will be anymore VOIs.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There aren't any really good tracks near here though. I'm still be game. Maybe the VCA could get us into Ponoma.

Sooooo VOI8
LA or LV... what does everyone think?

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mike Brunton:

Maybe switch off between Florida, Cali, and Nevada.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well with a Fl VOI, you can count on rain. I loved Fl when I lived there but wouldn't want to take a chance on there not being rain. Maybe they could cover the track. That would be cool.

Eddie N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i vote for VOI 8 to be here in bakersfield.. we have buttonwillow for roadcourse racing and fomoso for drags.. and you can forget about rain... it might be 90 degrees, but it wont rain
smile.gif

- eddie -

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mike Brunton:
It's not like it's that much MORE of a big deal to transport your car to NV from Maine than it is to transport it to TN.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's a hell of a lot more of a big deal. For Nashville, people can drive from a huge swath of the country, from the mid-atlantic, south east, texas, midwest, etc. For NV, that means a LOT more people have to transport.

FUSCUCLA1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by slaughterj:
It's a hell of a lot more of a big deal. For Nashville, people can drive from a huge swath of the country, from the mid-atlantic, south east, texas, midwest, etc. For NV, that means a LOT more people have to transport.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

C'mon you guys are all rich
laugh.gif
, TRANSPORT!!! Hey maybe I can start my own transport company, specializing in VOIs, then I can be rich too
yesnod.gif

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by slaughterj:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If the event is in TN, it's pretty much a sure thing that most of the Cali guys will be transporting. What is the density of Vipers? There are more in California than probably most other states combined. If they held it in Vegas/California every year, the total number of people transporting would probably be the same or maybe even less. Also, you can pretty much count on the weather as opposed to what's going on this time - which is probably the WORST weather that could be expected for a VOI.

It cost me $1800 for round trip shipping to/from Vegas - not too bad. It would have been even odds of whether I'd ship or drive to TN. You're talking 1,000 miles or so each way - wear and tear and gas is going to run me a few hundred, so I'd probably spend a few hundred more and transport it.

So overall, I think it would be better to hold the event in Cali/Vegas every year. I dont see the reason for always moving it around. VOI5 had one of the highest attendances of any VOI. Why hold it somewhere like Nashville where (with all due respect) the average person doesn't exactly dream about visiting.

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It should be held in Indy...and use the F1 track and oval and have the drags at the strip where the US nationals are held. Now that would be the place.

toddt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Mike--

The ONLY reason I'm not at VOI is the 2000 dollar ship fee.

I'm not poor (yet), but I'm not stupid either.

20% of all vipers live in California.

I vote for California next.

over the last year, we've had ~5 inches of rain total. Lowest in all recorded history.

Bad Asp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMHO,California would be great. In 1990 the PCA had their national convention in Monterey. Lots of great hotels, great weather, and Laguna Seca is right up the road. Seventeen Mile Drive, Pebble Beach for the golfers,great scenic drives, Carmel (Clint Eastwood),Pacific Coast Hwy, Big Sur,Than Franthisthco not far, what more could you ask for! Something for everyone! Besides Cal VCA has over 400 members.

Bob W

Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the event is in TN, it's pretty much a sure thing that most of the Cali guys will be transporting. What is the density of Vipers?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif

BINGO, tell him what hes won....

I would be really surprised if a large percentage of vipers
were not already in CA/NV. Anyone know the distribution?

picflight

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FUSCUCLA1:
C'mon you guys are all rich
laugh.gif
, TRANSPORT!!! Hey maybe I can start my own transport company, specializing in VOIs, then I can be rich too
yesnod.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Talking about rich, I set up an anonymous poll to figure out what the average income is of Viper owners. Hope this isn't too intrusive and am not ignoring posting polices on this board. Check results and participate here;
http://demo.xsoftdev.com/poll.asp

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by picflight:
Talking about rich, I set up an anonymous poll to figure out what the average income is of Viper owners. Hope this isn't too intrusive and am not ignoring posting polices on this board. Check results and participate here;
http://demo.xsoftdev.com/poll.asp

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have a feeling that most people will just go for the 150,000+. You should have some 150,001-250,000 250,001-500,000 500,000-1,000,000 and so on...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine