Thoughts on adding stripes to a GTS??? How and Where?

starcity

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello Guys,

I just sold a 2000 GTS in Black to a client who was considering adding silver stripes. He asked me to check around for him.

First of all, the factory stripes are painted, correct? Can Vinyl stripes be added and look correct? If so, where can they be purchased or installed in the SF Bay Area (NorCal)?

Any thoughts? I appreciate any feedback.

Thanks,

Chris, Star City Motors

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was going to add stripes to my RT. VINYL only since I did not want it to be permanent just in case I got tired of them. There are a few guys on here that do it. I just could not because of the clear bra for the car and when the clear bra is removed, so are the stripes.

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had vinyl and it looked good. Pain to go around some of the curves but can be done. I liked them so much I took off the vinyl and had them painted on. Costs a lot but in my mind was worth every penny, I love my car with stripes!

OP
OP
S

starcity

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike,

Thanks for the note. How much are the white or silver stripes? Are these identical to size from the factory? How are they put on and how much should I expect for labor? Do you know of any vinyl installers in the SF Bay Area?

Thanks again,

Chris

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
ok 1meansnake, got a serious question for you now. we have talked before and i have been close to ordering some stripes for the gts for some time now but one thing keeps holding me up. installation. i would like to do it myself and feel very confident in my abilities to do a great job but the naca duct and license area scare the chit out of me. i can see keeping the stripes perfectly parallel in all other areas but when i got to these obvious concern spots the lines get off slightly making the whole thing looking like chit! this stuff is quite workable when careful with a heat gun but it would **** spending that money just to F up and start pulling off the stripes and have nothing to show for it. if this is not for the novice let me know. also a few good body shops are not willing to guaranty the perfection i want so they refuse to touch it. I am very patient and can do just about anything i attempt if the direction and tools are there. what gives?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4