Tire Installation Near Baltimore

DaDood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I picked up my 2003 SRT-10 just a few weeks ago but the car won't pass Maryland state inspection because the tires are running on the original Michelin Run Craps and they are pretty bald. I bought a new set of Kumho's from Tire Rack and they are sitting in my garage, but I have not been able to find a shop around me that can do the tire change because of the gigantic rear tires. Anyone know of a shop near Baltimore (I'm in Elkridge, MD) that could do the tire change?

Please let me know! Thanks.

Also looking for a tint shop if anyone knows a shop that is reputable.

-Brian

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have my aftermarket Viper wheels done at HP racing in Glen Burnie. I just referred my buddy there yesterday for his 20" Viper wheel too...no issues.

(410) 760-6487

GTLaser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a little place out near ISP Racing that does it real cheap and never have they must up any of my wheels or any clients of Peters. It's in Beltsville, MD, called A&K, 301-937-4333

OP
OP
D

DaDood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lemme know if it works out:2tu:

Just dropped the tires off at their shop yesterday and hopefully they can get the tires on this week. I talked to Randy at their shop who seemed like a really nice guy and said they could do them, but he would need the car for longer than normal because it takes a while longer to install the tires.

Hopefully the weather cooperates and I can get the car over there this week, either Wednesday or Thursday.

GTLaser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Must be a custom tire install.... Hope they come chrome plated with diamonds on their grills.... Got mine done in less than an hour but then again I didn't pay much....

OP
OP
D

DaDood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just dropped the tires off at their shop yesterday and hopefully they can get the tires on this week. I talked to Randy at their shop who seemed like a really nice guy and said they could do them, but he would need the car for longer than normal because it takes a while longer to install the tires.

Hopefully the weather cooperates and I can get the car over there this week, either Wednesday or Thursday.

Hank,
I've got to hand it to you. HP Racing did a great job with the tires. Albeit, it took 4 hours to do the tires! Man, I got there at around 2pm on Friday and did not leave until almost 7pm. They did a great job with them and getting them balanced, plus they did not screw up the wheels, but it took a long time.

It was a little bit more expensive that what I would have anticipated to get them done ($250), but I did not really have time or the energy to keep shopping around at other places.

Thanks for the recommendation Hank!:D
-Dood

GTLaser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hank,
I've got to hand it to you. HP Racing did a great job with the tires. Albeit, it took 4 hours to do the tires! Man, I got there at around 2pm on Friday and did not leave until almost 7pm. They did a great job with them and getting them balanced, plus they did not screw up the wheels, but it took a long time.

It was a little bit more expensive that what I would have anticipated to get them done ($250), but I did not really have time or the energy to keep shopping around at other places.

Thanks for the recommendation Hank!:D
-Dood

Mine were $25 a wheel.... tried to help out....:drive:

OP
OP
D

DaDood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine were $25 a wheel.... tried to help out....:drive:
GTLaser,
Oh man... do I feel like a ****. I called several places that quoted me $150, then coming to find out none of them could actually do the wheels. When I saw $250, I thought to myself "Eh, If they can do it, I guess that is the price I pay!".

I'll remember this for next time. Plus, it made it tougher when I dropped the tires off at their place only to find better places later on.....bummer.

Hey Ryan,
You had recommended them. Did they charge you that much? They told me $150 was a standard charge but over a certain wheel size, they charge more. Either way, it sounds like I got screwed. Bummer.

At least I saved some money by changing out my own shock!

-Dood

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GTLaser,
Oh man... do I feel like a ****. I called several places that quoted me $150, then coming to find out none of them could actually do the wheels. When I saw $250, I thought to myself "Eh, If they can do it, I guess that is the price I pay!".

I'll remember this for next time. Plus, it made it tougher when I dropped the tires off at their place only to find better places later on.....bummer.

Hey Ryan,
You had recommended them. Did they charge you that much? They told me $150 was a standard charge but over a certain wheel size, they charge more. Either way, it sounds like I got screwed. Bummer.

At least I saved some money by changing out my own shock!

-Dood

I never had them swap a complete set for me. But, they have mounted/dismounted my rear 20x13 360 Forged wheel 3 seperate times for a TPMS issue. They never once had a mark, or issue. I sent my other buddy there with his 20" iForged wheel, and got the same great service. I think it was $40 or so?:(

zoomie

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
just saw this... for future reference -
Mr. Tire - Joe Tomarchio - used to own a Viper - and had his shops available to do tires..
I just had the Mr. Tire shop in Owings Mills - Reisterstown - mount two front tires on my GTS -
did one in about an hour - $42, then went and got the other, another hour, and $42.
Well mounted, balanced. done.

Another shop I have used and well recommended - Interstate Tire in Cockeysville, ask for Frank.