To drive, or not to drive?

msp282

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i got new 09 acr in sept 11... it has about 3300 miles on it now despite living in the rust belt of central PA... :)

It did not snow this year but lots of rain and very cold.. :(

OP
OP
R

rjsrt10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
After reading all the responses here, I'm going driving this Sunday! I work all week, but Sunday I'm off and going on a road trip. I don't care where, but I'll get there fast. I'll enjoy every second of it!

JLorello

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Great timing for this thread. I took this picture tonight, right when I pulled into the garage coming home from the Gym.

I've had the car for almost exactly 1 year. About 1 year + 5 days to be exact. It had 3320 miles on it when I recieved it. (2006)

You must be registered for see images attach

maxdaddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sadly I have only drove mine about 1000 miles the hole time I have owned it,(3 years). nope I will drive it anywhere but with 2 kids it just sits... I have a mgb I haven't drove 100 miles, a 68 firebird not 200 miles in 8 years.. to many things to do.

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I could, I'd drive my car far more than I currently do. It is not my driving habits or time that holds me back. It is my insurance company. I'm limited to no more than 5,000 miles a year. It is an "Agreed to value" policy, for which I pay $725 yearly. The agreed to amount for the value of the car increases with each renewal. So there is a trade-off.

Well, there are quite a few threads related to insurance companies, etc., and not all "Agreed Value" companies require that you limit your mileage.

SSGViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought my 08 to be a garage queen and have enjoyed every single day opening up the garage. 675 miles on it. Its pristine and makes me happy.

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Similar here, but I have to keep her under 5000 miles per year to stay emissions exempt here in PA. I put about 3000 on her last year.

If it is stock, there should be no issue with emissions....drive it:drive:....

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I took mine on Hotrod Power Tour the first year I bought it. That was over 3,000 miles in one week. Drive the cars! Never makes sense to save mileage for the next owner, and let them get all the enjoyment out of driving it.

tcsracing1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i am almost at 40000 miles..... car works great.

for those who preserve them, they are only keeping them fresh for the next owner who dreams of a perfect near new viper of that generation so i do not mind :)

they also make great garage candy and i can appreciate an anal owner who like to leave the car spotless clean. Afterall, they are not great daily drivers which is why a lot of cars have low miles.

All one needs to do is look at the 1965-1972 corvette big block era to see how low miles cars are appreciated in value for their colors and options. It is worth the wait for some Viper owners if history follows suit....

SSGViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Different things make different people happy. If keeping it in the garage makes you happy, then that's all that counts and who cares...

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score
Not driving it, in my opinion, is like saving your girlfriend for the next guy. I live in Chicago and the driving weather is ~6 months a year. Yet, I average 10-12K every year.

Natrops

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not driving it, in my opinion, is like saving your girlfriend for the next guy.

That puts it into perspective :)

Bought my '08 45 days ago with 3300 miles...now at 4900...I'm hoping to drive as much as time/weather permit!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang