Took Some Pics of New Wheels

7TH_SIGN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finally had some down time and took some pics using a Canon 60D I just bought. Took me about two days of reading and researching in order to learn a 1/4 of what this things true potential is. First DSLR.

Shot these in AV mode with some adjustments to aperture and ISO. Anyways, still have a lot to learn. Not as good as some of you pros but thought I'd share.

As for the car, nothing special. Still stock with 1,150 miles on the clock. I'll be deleting the cats in the next couple of weeks. Wheels are CCW LM20s, satin black centers, gloss black lips, custom made to fit the Viper. MT DRs in rear.

Took over 60 pics and these were some of my favorites. Thanks for looking!

You must be registered for see images attach

vpower01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks Great! Just lower it.
Are those 12 or 13 inch wide rims in the back?
What exactly are those Mt tires? :dunno:

OP
OP

7TH_SIGN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car and new wheels both look amazing :D

Can't wait to see it in person once the weather warms up.

Cars and Coffee!

Thank you. The car does need to be lowered a bit.

The rear wheels are 13".

The center caps were done by John at CCW.

MTs are Mickey Thompson

Last edited:

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MT....? My buddy has a 99 ACR just like yours ...He had OZ rear wheels ordered from Tirerack mounted with MTs. He went back to his regular wheels and Sport cups since MT were designed for a straight away application rather than street driving he ended up with a bubble in a side wall or something like that...just wanted to let you know.

OP
OP

7TH_SIGN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MT....? My buddy has a 99 ACR just like yours ...He had OZ rear wheels ordered from Tirerack mounted with MTs. He went back to his regular wheels and Sport cups since MT were designed for a straight away application rather than street driving he ended up with a bubble in a side wall or something like that...just wanted to let you know.

Really? He had their drag radials? Did hit a bad part of the road to cause that?

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All i know he had MT, they looked really wide (345s) and tall. Not sure if he hit something. You are only going to get 6-7k miles out of this tire , i believe. These wheels and tires have been hanging on his garage wall for the past 8 months now. He wants to sell them.

OP
OP

7TH_SIGN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I've got the 345. I'm used to these as I ran them on my Supra's. Like you said, not the best for turns but dead hook from 1st all the way up!

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just talked to my buddy regarding the reasons he took the MT off. For one the car sat 2" taller with them, secondly he broke a ball joint in the rear, and per his words the car did not handle or feel the same. Once he switched the stock wheels back on the car it made a crackling sound and that was it...just want to get back to you.

OP
OP

7TH_SIGN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info! The rear does sit a little higher due to the side wall being larger. These aren't for taking corners and hugging the apex. Not sure if he was expecting an all purpose tire with these as they are really made for the straightaways. The crackling noise was the ball joints?

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info! The rear does sit a little higher due to the side wall being larger. These aren't for taking corners and hugging the apex. Not sure if he was expecting an all purpose tire with these as they are really made for the straightaways. The crackling noise was the ball joints?
that sound was after he fixed the ball joint and put factory wheels back and drove it. who knows its all good now...

Endeka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
60D is an amazing camera. That's a little ********* if you're still at the "I need the manual" phase of using a DSLR camera. What led you to get it? Interest in video?

OP
OP

7TH_SIGN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got a kid on the way and we have no camera other then the iPhone haha. 60D is awesome so far. I set the video settings to the optimal. It does everything well. Easy to use also.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62