Track day at PIR with vette club Aug 3rd.

Green Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Every year we have at least a few Viper show up at this event to play with some Chevys. It is a fun bunch of guys who appreciate go fast cars and in the upper run groups there is plenty of track time without being held up.

This year's event falls on Monday August 3rd.

For those that plan to drive down from Seattle if you want to stay Monday night and drive back Tuesday we are putting together a fun gathering at the home of Jay Connelly in Portland.

As of right now we have 3 confirmed Vipers and about 5 others that expressed interest, but we can't wait too long to send in the registrations or it will fill up. They support all levels from novice (there was a session of Vette convertibles mostly driven by spouses year before last year all with their tops down...) to advanced and even high performance for those that want to play with the "real" race cars that come in on trailers.

The price of $175 includes lots of track time and even lunch!

The registration form was too large to add here so send me a note if you need it or check out the following to download the form directly.

Rose City Corvettes :: Portland's Largest Corvette Club

As far as frequently asked questions...
Yes convertibles are OK.
SNELL 90 helmet is required, no loose items in car

Yes, Z06s can get stuck in your grill... :)

SmokinViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was just checking on this, and thought that I'd post some specifics from their flyer that you should be aware of ....

Tech Inspection 06:30 - 07:30 Closes at 7:30am! Note that this is before the track
normally opens, so be early in case of last minute
gate changes.
Driver's Mtg 08:00 Mandatory attendance.
Helmets Snell 95 or later Doesn't specify SA or MA, so I would guess either
is probably OK. But don't get tripped up with an
older helmet if they're checking.
1A10BC Fire Extinguisher....recommended, but not required.

08:30 - 11:30 Two sessions for each group
11:30 - 12:30 Free lunch
12:30 - 4:30 Two sessions for each group
4:30 - 5:30 Final Open Session

And I recommend bringing an extra 5 gallon can of gas, so you don't have to miss lunch filling up!

Steve

SmokinViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes. Most track days are free to spectators - not sure if this one has a cost or not, due to its being a Rose City festival event. I'd be surprised if it's much, at all. There is a rider fee, though, for non-drivers wanting to ride.

OP
OP
G

Green Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't speak specifically for this year's RCC event but in year's past they charged a small spectator/rider fee to help cover lunch and everyone was then invited for lunch.

We did have spectators at this event 2 years ago that watched and rode for free but w/o lunch.

OP
OP
G

Green Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GREAT NEWS, the organizers were able to satisfy the requirements to be eligible to support personal insurance. So for those who want to make sure their cars are covered and they are protected in the event of a mishap, you can register a stated value policy for the entire day.

HPDE Insurance Program

Please note that the Viper club is not running this event or in any way organizing it, we are invited guests of the Rose City Corvette club and as such the track insurance and safety precautions are all being handled by that club.

It is typically one of the more fun events of the year at PIR for those that like to see lots of fast cars or drive fast and the lunch is pretty good too.

Riders and spectators welcome, there may be a small fee to cover lunch.

Will there be a new ZR1 there, probably, they did have 2 of the new 500+hp Z06s there just a month after they went on sale a couple of years ago. Will there be some good drivers, definitely, there is even a group for High Performance where the cars do not need to be street legal and often real race car drivers use it for a test and tune session from a competition Ferrari to a Ruf Porsche and Porsche Cup car that ran at the 24 hours of Daytona have all been out there in years past.

There will be lots of Corvettes getting passed, that you can count on!

So if you are able, please plan on joining us for a day of fun!

RAYSIR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a fun event...it was nice meeting you guys. Hope to be there next year. Lunch was great and so were the laps around the track. I need some training so I can keep up, LOL. Will be checking for updates..Thanks for answering my questions. :drive::)

SmokinViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was a very fun event! I'd like to give a big shout-out to Alan and Rose City Corvettes for putting on some really first class events, and having so much fun!

I was the only Viper among about 70 corvettes and a half dozen others for the auto-X on Sunday, and think I got about 5th place in the "Fun" division, which was won by a 3-time national champ. Not bad for a rookie, even if I do say so myself! :famous:

4 Vipers and 1 Viper Truck from Washington and Oregon ran the road course on Monday, in Intermediate, Advanced, and High Performance divisions. We took a lot of good-natured ribbing at the drivers meeting early in the morning :pbt: , but we got 'em back as we spanked 'em on the track! :spank:

All-in-all, it was a great group of people, and a really fun event. I sure hope they invite us back next year!

I'm sure that some video will show up somewhere, just as soon as I can figure out how to convert/transmit this high-definition stuff.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
What a fun event...it was nice meeting you guys. Hope to be there next year. Lunch was great and so were the laps around the track. I need some training so I can keep up, LOL. Will be checking for updates..Thanks for answering my questions. :drive::)

Ray.........CSCC offers excellent track instruction...next date 8/14. Come out 14-15-16 if you'ld like a Pace Car Ride at PIR. Wear your Sarah P. T shirt!

google CASCADE SPORTS CAR CLUB

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21