Trade gen 4 ACR for any gen V

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just throwing this out there. I know I'm personally a ways out on purchasing a gen V myself but it got me thinking........ Would I trade my gen 4 ACR for a gen V? Yes! I love the looks and styling of both cars and for many reasons my mind says the ACR is a better car for me, however the Gen V is just a hell of a looker!

So, anyone want to trade strait up? Anyone else on my side?

Tim

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Straight up? Unless someone is brain dead it is possible. No offence. :D how do you expect someone to spend 130k on gen v and just loose 50k or so by trading down...makes no sence. You should be giving them you wife, girlfriend a dog and cash

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Straight up? Unless someone is brain dead it is possible. No offence. :D

Hahahah, you may be true. I'm hoping someone misses the "pure" Viper feeling......

On that note though what got me thinking about this was I seen a dealer selling a gen V with about 800 miles on it. Said the guy bought it and the car still scared the hell out of him so he sold it back. Maybe the dealer feeding a line of BS but still it could happen!

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nope. They need to straighten out the Gen V stuff first. The ACR is the current pinnacle of the Viper. The Gen V is the current red headed step child.

viper vince

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMO the gen 4 acr will be collectable because so few were made what 535 total in 3yrs of production with how many wrecked?

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The new car is absolutely stunning, but I will keep my 09 ACR for now.

Bruce

terminator02

Viper Owner
Reaction score
IMO the gen 4 acr will be collectable because so few were made what 535 total in 3yrs of production with how many wrecked?

Same could be said of the Gen II ACR and look where those values are. These aren't (especially gen IV) appreciating anytime soon. The "pure" viper feeling could be said much more of the Gen I/II then the III/IV/V yet the values haven't increased. The looks of the Gen II are timeless and that hasn't done much. I'm not being too negative but realistic and this is coming from someone with a Gen II 1 of 35 solid red ACR.

I think the Gen V will depreciate a good bit as they are sitting on dealer lots from what i have heard. There are also two models. Once higher performance models come out I would expect that a base Gen V could be had much faster and cheaper than even the older ones given a typical depreciation timeline. Kinda sad when this is the best Viper yet. Another factor (getting flame suit ready) is the fact that the C7 has a LOT of positive buzz and people clamoring in line to buy one at MSRP. In a few years they will be heavily discounted and I have to give it to Chevy for delivering an OUTSTANDING base vette. The performance models will surely bring even more competition. My .0004

Viper808

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Traded my 2010 Blue w/ White stripe for the Gen V.
My 2010 was mint and was great... the best so far having had all Gens..although is was not an ACR. However, Stop believing all the Myths and crybabies.. This Gen V is the real deal and is a fantastically comfortable,capable car ( I'm 6' 4" 200 lbs).. If you want Raw ACR, Cluncky shifting stiff feelings then keep it..But most of my enjoyment of the car is not at the absolute limits of its capabilities.

The traction control , suspension settings, performance pages , and the overall quality of the Gen V makes my beloved Gen IV feel like a Gen I pilot car..

seriously...the car Rocks, and so does the Karmen Harden Stereo ..its Un- Fricken _ real

You must be registered for see images attach

7TH_SIGN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you go out and buy the latest iPhone as soon as it hits the stores, then get the GEN V. If you like the old school feeling of actually having to think and work in order to keep a car under control, then keep the ACR.

Capt Van

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I sold my 09 ACR to order the 5, sorry I sold it. I love the gen 5 but dearly miss the ACR. Maybe that will subside when and if I ever get the new one.