Trailers

SmokeHouse

Viper Owner
Reaction score
More and more Viper owners are purchasing trailers to haul their Vipers around. Yet, I see nothing on the VCA website regarding trailers, trailer dealers, accessories or anything else that would help us make informed decisions regarding a major purchase like a trailer.
Three of us in the IL/VCA have just had nightmare experiences dealing with trailer dealers while trying to buy suitable trailers so that we can take our Vipers to VOI8.
I would like to suggest that the VCA add a section on trailers to include links to trailer manufacturers, reputable dealers, accessories and perhaps also a forum where we can share information about experiences in either buying or owning a car-hauler. It might even include a classified section so that people can list trailers for sale.
I find that many Viper owners are extremely creative in personalizing their trailers just as they are with their "Viper Dens". An opportunity to share some of these ideas might be of interest to many Viper owners like myself.

SmokeHouse <font color="blue"> </font>

Woody

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just purchased a new trailer for my car and this information would have made my purchase much more smooth. In fact, I am still making some final modifications and additions to my trailer.

LittleFish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I asked a ton of questions on the SRT board to learn about what trailers to get. The big question is ramp incline angle and durability. Woodhouse was instrumental in stearing me towards a quality trailer. I ended up with an H&amp;H that is an outstanding trailer so far.

Good luck on getting more info.
Dave

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting you mention this..... Tony started writing an instruction years ago. Last Summer I started one too. NEITHER of us have finished. Tony has had both a Texas Roll Back and an enclosed trailer, I have an open flatbed. Right now many mfg "Viper" trailers... H&amp;H, Texas Rollback, Wells Cargo are most ofen bought. Buying points are width between fenders, door location (on enclosed trailers), ramp lengths/angle, location of tie downs loops, and lighting.

I took many pictures while intstalling my reciever and trailer brake on my truck..... just need to "finish"....

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd love to insert a link to one of my pictures which is uploaded to the VCA MEMBERS GALLERY of this VCA website, but somebody won't allow that sort of thing. :rolleyes:

:madatjay:

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dean,
You can link and insert a pic from your members gallery on this site. What pic you trying to insert? it's a little cumbersome, (I usually need 2 or three tries) but is does work....

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd love to insert a link to one of my pictures which is uploaded to the VCA MEMBERS GALLERY of this VCA website, but somebody won't allow that sort of thing. :rolleyes:

:madatjay:

Dear madatjay :)

I was just about to post this in the Site Suggestions area, I'll post it here as well:

Dean, you may want to look at the new location to see if he has your images there: http://gallery.viperclub.org

From our programmer:

Jay I have disabled the VCA's gallery for now because I am working on
the new gallery and I don't want any changes on the old one while I am
working on the new one. The gallery have been turned off since 10pm last
night when I started working on it. I have been working on this all
night long. I am trying to get to a point where I can start the new
gallery.

The new gallery is located here:
http://gallery.viperclub.org

I have moved all the pics, and populated the Database appropriately. I
am now working on scripts to remove duplicate user_ids, and combine the
users from the forum with the users from PhotoPost. I will try to get as
much as possible done today. However, I am pretty tired right now and I
will probably go to bed soon.

Talk to later.

To summarize, our programmer is moving users from the old gallery to the new version of our gallery software. This should fix the issues users have been seeing and it integrates the user database for the forums with the gallery. This means one less username and password to remember, it will also allow us many new features like the ability to upload video's and sound files in addition to just images. It is a big (OK HUGE) task to make this move as every username needs to be reconciled. WE appreciate your patience.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960