Trouble with forum log in

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ever since the change to new format here on the forums I have had trouble logging in. My password and username is correct but I need to enter it up to a dozen times for it to actually take it. This happens everytime. Several of my regional members have stated the same thing and they simply give up after two shots. What is going on and what can we do to fix it? I have been trying to get more involvment from my region on the forums and this is killing the effort.

F

FrgMstr

Been wondering where the hell you were! I think you must be stuck behind a yellow Viper owner in the queue. ;)

-RUNNR

Site programmer
Reaction score
Actually, it does it the first time. It shows that you are NOT logged in, but you are. If you click any other link, you'll magically be shown as logged in.

I have a ticket open with the creators of the software for them to look at it.

OP
OP
T

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually, it does it the first time. It shows that you are NOT logged in, but you are. If you click any other link, you'll magically be shown as logged in.

I have a ticket open with the creators of the software for them to look at it.

5 attempts tonight to log in, 6th was the charm. Tried hitting a link and it asked me to register. Just an FYI. I can start sellin the forum to my region more when it gets a bit more user friendly.

V

Venomiss

5 attempts tonight to log in, 6th was the charm. Tried hitting a link and it asked me to register. Just an FYI. I can start sellin the forum to my region more when it gets a bit more user friendly.

Good to hear everything is working well via PM for the forums area.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
issue isnt resolved for me. if my login doesnt "stick" after two or three attempts, i give up.

this is flipping ridiculous and it was a PITA to enter this ONE POST.

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does it still do it for you guys if you go to the lower left and change your style to "vB4 Default Style"? I noticed that it helped me a little with not being able to see that I'm logged in at the upper right. I changed to this style and now it shows I'm logged in.

-RUNNR

Site programmer
Reaction score
Does it still do it for you guys if you go to the lower left and change your style to "vB4 Default Style"? I noticed that it helped me a little with not being able to see that I'm logged in at the upper right. I changed to this style and now it shows I'm logged in.

I've brought this issue to vBulletin (the creators of this software) a while back, and they couldn't come up with anything. It's interesting that you mention the default template doesn't have the same affect.... Let me look into it from that angle.

OP
OP
T

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've just made another change, let me know if you see a difference.

Just logged in, did not let me right in, had to click on a forum page then it showed me logged in. Biggest issue is when MArv or someone sends me a link to a forum page, I can't log in at all and it denies me access. Even if I open up a seperate window and log in then click the link in the email, no go, no access no login recognized.

Oh yeah. And spell check no longer works on any of my posts. In a 32 bit IE or 64 bit IE.

OP
OP
T

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also when I post to a thread it does not show up for me until I log out and log back in, same goes for the settings button that shows what subscriptions have new posts that used to dissapear after you viewed the new posts, they don't dissapear until after you log out and log in again.

Not a huge issue but it is very annoying, also since you can't view any of your posts until you log out and back in you can never edit them if you made a mistake. Edit never shows up on any of my owned posts.

-RUNNR

Site programmer
Reaction score
Spell check is a function of your browser, and not the forum software.

It honestly sounds like you're running some read-ahead cache/pre-fetch program or something. Or perhaps your internet host is... I can see my posts as soon as I post them, subscribed works properly, etc.

As mentioned by a different poster, have you tried switching to the vBulletin default theme? It's in the lower left hand corner.

OP
OP
T

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Spell check is a function of your browser, and not the forum software.

It honestly sounds like you're running some read-ahead cache/pre-fetch program or something. Or perhaps your internet host is... I can see my posts as soon as I post them, subscribed works properly, etc.

As mentioned by a different poster, have you tried switching to the vBulletin default theme? It's in the lower left hand corner.

Yes. Default theme seems to work better but still have to log in an have the issues there. How can I look for any read ahead items?

OP
OP
T

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Th F5 thing worked, didn't show me as loged in when I logged in, but hitting F5 everything appeared as normal.

Is the iSpell app not compatable with a 64bit browser? I have it downloaded but the check spelling icon does not appear in the 64bit.

OP
OP
T

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also when I post to a thread it does not show up for me until I log out and log back in, same goes for the settings button that shows what subscriptions have new posts that used to dissapear after you viewed the new posts, they don't dissapear until after you log out and log in again.

Not a huge issue but it is very annoying, also since you can't view any of your posts until you log out and back in you can never edit them if you made a mistake. Edit never shows up on any of my owned posts.

This issue seems solved

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to hit F5 after logging in every time. Not sure why, but I can live with it.

SingleMalt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Website problems

Since they did the last BB upgrade I've had trouble with cookie persistence; I have to regularly log in multiple times to "wake" the site up.

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Website problems

Did anyone try going with the "VB4 Default Style" skin at the lower left drop box? I've been using it for a week and can login fine. Try it for a few days and see what you get.

-RUNNR

Site programmer
Reaction score
Logging in isn't the problem. You are logged in, it just doesn't show that you're logged in.

That's what I've been trying to track down.

The cookie is getting set, and set properly in the browsers. The template however isn't showing you as logged in though, or even as logged out when you are.

It's almost as though it's being cached somehow even though all caching is currently disabled.

OP
OP
T

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FIXED once again for me!

Thanks.

Still ***** the iSpell app does not work in a 64bit browser. If I had a nickel everytime I misspelled a word...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth