trunk liner / mats 2001 Rt/10

mhill1950

Enthusiast
Reaction score
did the 2001 Rt/10 originally come with a spare tire cover or deck to make the trunk smooth over the spare ? my does not have one , do you know if the fold up trunk liners work well ? specific brands or supplier ? thank you

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The rt/10's did not come with a trunk liner. The Northern California VCA sells mats and a trunk liner as well. I just order mats for my rt/10 finally. Everyone raves about them. No creep is what i'm really looking forward too. Northern California VCA
did the 2001 Rt/10 originally come with a spare tire cover or deck to make the trunk smooth over the spare ? my does not have one , do you know if the fold up trunk liners work well ? specific brands or supplier ? thank you

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score

To my knowledge they did not. My 2001 does not have anything and neither did my 1994. I have a trunk mat that I bought from the Norther California VCA club (along with their floor mats) and it works pretty well. What I am going to do is buy some 1/4" fiberboard and take the trunk mat (its really nice with the Viper Logo) and draw an outline of it on the board. I then plan on cutting the board and sanding the rough edges. Then I will cover it with some rubber material (so it won't scratch anything) and then put the mat back on top. I am hoping this will work. I think it will as long as I am careful making the cut.

By the way, the Northern Cal mats are the best I have seen!!! There are several threads on this board if you search where you will see how to get them. I can't remember. They are so good and thick that the ones on my Gen 1 I didn't even bother to make something to put under it.

sdaddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The ones the Northern California VCA sells are top grade quality and come in either logo and just about any color logo. I have been very happy with the ones I ordered.

OP
OP
M

mhill1950

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I was thinking about cutting out fiberboard first,I was hoping i could buy a liner that would not sag over the spare . thanks . I will contact The california club .

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I was thinking about cutting out fiberboard first,I was hoping i could buy a liner that would not sag over the spare . thanks . I will contact The california club .

Some type of board would help. I imagine that it would be hard to get into the trunk, so it would probably have to be in a couple pieces with hinges or something that folds up or unfolds so you can get it in and out. Or, I suppose a person could just fit something only over the spare area which sould be able to be taken in an out in one piece. I will definately do some measuring before I spend too much time. The No Cal trunk mats are great but they will still sag a bit if you put anything on them. I would like a more solid flat surface to put under the mat.