Twin screw vs. Centrifugal - Interesting observations

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, when are all you slow pokes going to wake up and realize that NITROUS is the way to go??????

;)

Regards,

Martin,

I think the question here isn't just numbers but safe numbers. I think we would all like are toys aroud for a while without down time for a rebuild!

adam :p

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JD

I checked a Viper twin turbo dyno graph and as I thought, it is chalk and cheese. Whilst the top end is a function of setup, breathing etc as well as boost, the gradient of power curve/area under the curve is what I think you were interested in...

No NOS, 15psi TT gave 400rwhp at just 3200rpm... wowza, but get this, it went on to make 640rwhp by 3600rpm! Now that guys is a quick curve - 240rwhp gain in 400rpm... it then went on to make 921rwhp at 4600rpm.... yeah, just 4600rpm. Torque was 1030ft lbs at wheels. Power dropped slightly up top down to around 850rwhp at 5800rpm... but this could be conservative fuel enrichment or heads stalling, or all manner of things. Point is, turbos obviosuly have to spool faster as their speed rise is geometric - unlike a mechanically driven supercharger - which is linear. The downside is that turbo power will come on so fast that it could be way more than a handful in real road conditions. At least with the blowers you can feed the power in more progressively.... on a turbo setup like this, you'd need a really good boost gauge at eye level so you can run on vacuum when you want.... this is one car you would NOT RUN AN AUTO behind for the street! In a turbo auto trans the converter will spool the turbo to full boost way before you realise it is happening and on a wet road - makes it almost impossible to drive without a near death experience ;) The manual box is the only way to go if street driven with TT in my opinion.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4