Upcoming Events surrounding Viper comp coupe WA & OR.

Green Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Woodhouse Performance will be making a Northwest Tour to support its local business partners and to generate additional corporate interest for the remainder of the 2009 Speed World Challenge season. The tour will consist of appearances at various events and locations in the Portland and Seattle areas.

Events
Portland, Oregon
June 12-14 Rose Festival Race, Portland International Raceway
June 10, 12 Dodge Dealerships, various locations
June 10-11 Marriott Riverside Hotel, Portland
Seattle, Washington
June 16, 18 & 19 Dodge Dealerships, various locations
June 17 Experience Music Project, Seattle Center
June 20 Albert Lee Grills & Thrills, Southcenter

The car and driver will be on display at these locations as well as various radio ads supporting each event and appearance. Woodhouse Performance would like to extend an invitation to the Northwest Club Viper members interested in supporting a local driver from Kirkland Washington as he competes for Rookie of the Year in the Speed World Challenge Series.

What we would like to offer is a:

Car coral at Portland International Raceway
3 day General Admission ticket
10-30!!!% discount at the Portland Marriott Waterfront Hotel downtown Portland
Autographed limited edition poster
10% discount to EMP/SFM during the Woodhouse photo shoot
Technical Q & A with the Woodhouse Crew Chief
Driving Q & A with David Welch, driver of the Woodhouse Viper Competition Coupe

We are looking for 20+ Club Viper members to commit to make this a successful exciting tour for all. Sorry for the late notice but it wasn’t decided until this Tuesday to compete in the Rose Cup.

What we need from the local club members is a response regarding your interest, especially for those events where parking is an issue including Rose Cup, EMP, Grills & Thrills.

Please contact me if you are able to attend, Thank you!

Attachments

• Woodhouse Comp Coupe IMG_4728_s.jpg
    Woodhouse Comp Coupe IMG_4728_s.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 15
OP
OP
G

Green Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, we will pull together meeting times and places if we can get enough people who are interested.

Bill is looking into possibly adding a dinner around the EMP piece, not finalized yet, which is why we left some of the specifics out.

James

C-Note

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think we could take those silly little comp coupes.
Lets challenge them to a little race James:D

OP
OP
G

Green Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like you scared them Clint... they just advised that the car will be headed to Road America for the June Sprints (19-21) but they can still help arrange us to gain access to the South Center Thrills & Grills event if we have interest.

"It has just been decided to run the car(s) in the June Sprints at Road America which happens to be the same weekend. The Viper Club would still be more than welcome at the Grills and Thrills on June 20th and I am sure spearate parking can be accomodated. They will have the Albert Lee Hydro and a craftsman Truck there."

Please advise as to whether or not you would be interested without the Comp Coupe that Clint scared away...

OP
OP
G

Green Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, so it looks like the Albert Lee Grills & Thrills car show for charity is a GO! :headbang:
The other events for the Seattle area have been cancelled. :(

Please see attached brochure for the Grills & Thrills event. (Sorry attachment was too large, you will need to use this link instead.)
http://www.albertleeappliance.com/grills/Grills_Thrills2009.pdf

I have already requested parking in a Viper friendly area as well as answers to the normal questions like late arrival, early departure is it family friendly, what is the cost of admission, etc.

More details as they become available. :)

Sorry for the late notice of the significant changes, Woodhouse decided this week that they will now be running the Viper Competition Coupe at the June Sprints at Road America so will no longer be in the Seattle area as they had originally planned when they wanted us to join them for some events. (Or you can read that their car didn't have enough black on it and they were scared... as we all know Black is the fastest!)

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

Green Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is the updat that was promised.

1) It is family focused, lots for everyone including Dad, free food and entertainment!
2) Cost to admission is NADA, ZERO, ZILCH, donations to the Childrens charity are accepted but not required.
3) The area is flat, dry, no *** holes, and we will be in the area without any speed bumps!

Right now they are holding tentative space for 15 Vipers... is that enough? Too much...? Please contact me if you are tentative or plan to attend so I can adjust the total as necessary.

A great informal laid back car show with fun for the family!

Thanks- James

vwiper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
At Southcenter show a couple years ago I attended the Albert Lee bbq car show as a spectator with my '01 Viper with a friends '01 Prowler and we had to park accross the street to the South in the bank parking lot. Lots of parking over there for anyone who does not have their Viper/vehicle in the parking lot of Albert lee.
As for me this year, I will not be ther for I am already booked in Spokane riding quads all weekend.
have fun in Southcenter on June 20th.
(( geeze, I think I now have about 6 posts on this forum, I ROCK!!! ))

OP
OP
G

Green Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The event is this coming Saturday and the responses have been less than I expected. Please contact me if you are planning to attend, are considering attending or are just alive and read this note...

OP
OP
G

Green Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, thanks for the responses, I was getting concerned... we will make this event happen.

The organizer suggested we arrive between 8 and 9 to get the best parking spots for our group.

The address for the event is 404 Strander BLVD, Tukwila, it is 1 block EAST of Southcenter mall.

Can we try and meet there at 8:30 so we can park together and if anyone wants to coordinate a convoy from North or South, please advise.

James

OP
OP
G

Green Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last minute update...

David the race car driver of Woodhouse's Viper Competition Coupe will be at the grills & thrills event tomorrow along with some Viper posters to sign. He and the promoter are looking forward to seeing some Vipers. As of right now I have quite a few maybes and just two "yes" votes including me!

Weather forecast looks to be clear in the morning with a chance of rain late afternoon, so anyone interested in attending, I'll see you there around 8:30, parked with the other Viper(s).

As a reminder the address is:
404 Strander BLVD, Tukwila
(it is 1 block EAST of Southcenter mall.)

Have a great weekend everyone...