URLs in sigs not working?

OP
OP
N

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nope...that's not it...in the body of a post, a pasted link will work fine...

But http:// won't work in a sig, nor will the traditional or [url=] for a titled link. Moderators?

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
URL and email links were removed as an option from signatures as they were redundant.... and quite frankly having a tendency to be abused. Both are easily available in a user's profile, all the reader has to do is click on the poster's user ID an the poster's profile pops right up. All other UBB code should still function... if not, we've got some tweaking to do.

It has been suggested that we get icons at the bottom of the posts for URL's and emails as we had on the older version of software, that is a pretty good suggestion, and one we'll be looking at.

Hope this explains things. If you have any questions, feel free to drop me an email.

OP
OP
N

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds good - just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing the new formula for laying out URLs in sigs. :)

Thanks for the heads up!

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
that was a lot of work.

<font color="blue">a <!--color--></font> search key <font color="blue"> is a terrible thing to waste<!--color--></font>
dead.gif

too bad this feature was abused

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How was it being abused? It's an excellent feature for companies to promo there goods. After all, this is a car site. If I were in the business of selling performance parts I would definitely want my URL in people's faces when I posted.

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm hoping that one day i'll see my sig working again after a post. I guess I could cut-n-paste it into the body of each post. More work, but ..........

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte