V for VIPER V for VICTORY - 2 off 200

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
went to another track day today with Joel to help support Nadine who was personally invited to a circuit with a long runway (not sure how long) and a few fast twisty's, with some other choice very fast cars.

some of the cars invited:
Ascari KZ1
Jag XJ220
TVR Sagaris
Ultima canam
Ruf yellowbird CTR
Ruf GT2
Ferrari F430
F360 Stradale
F355
F360spider
Lamborghini Gallardo
Lamborghini Murcielago
Porsche 996TT
Porsche GT2
Porsche boxster987
993TT 430bhp
Skyline
Porsche GT3
TVR T350
Morgan aero8
BMW CSL
Lotus Esprit sport 350
Audi RS6 heavily modified
BMW M5
TVR chimeara
Noble M400
TVR Griff modified

The day was nice for a S/C just mildy warm with a dry track all day, which suited ***'s slicks

*** had a few runs in the morning and was breaking the beam at the end of the straight at 192mph with ***-bellied cake munching Joel as a passenger :) and the Dodge GT2 rear wing being a slowing factor. The black RUF Porsche was leading the way with a time of 196.

So after lunch *** had to get tough, off came the rear wing and mirrors
You must be registered for see images

all the gaps around the fascia/headlights were taped up
You must be registered for see images

the ballast - Joel was kicked and left eating more cakes.. a few more runs and we had the news *** had taken the fastest time of the day 198MPH :cool: just under the elusive 200 which *** really wanted to crack.

No one else managed a better time so another win for VIPER, *** was the only female competing and the only proper American car entrant :2tu:

A FEW PICS HERE

(any UK people the organisers want to keep this info/event off the UK forum and Pistonheads)

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Nadine is a very special gal, down to earth, good looking, and adventurous. Very impressive, Nadine. "You go, girl!"

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you all for you congrats and nice compliments. Viper and I were made very welcome, it was an invite only, exclusive gathering of awesome super cars and enthusiastic need-for-speed cool owners, I was honored to be there. Thanks to Joel and Neil for your help and support. There were some noise complaints from locals, appears they mistook my Viper for an invisible low flying Jet, that kept doing a fly by as I went down the back straight!!

I was chuffed to bits to learn I'd clocked the highest mph of the day. Much of the fun of Viper ownership for me is modifying to go faster (with in my budget). I've been trying for several years now to manage an event recorded + 200mph! But, each time I've tried, it hasn't happened...I've had pulleys break, running lean, boost line to controller blow etc, it's all a learning curve...I just don't get the time I'd like (every hour of the day if I could) to work at my Beloved. I have fitted a twin water / methanol injection system, but had pump problems this event!

As you'll see in Neils fab pics, I tried almost everything possible, removing mirrors / wing, taping hood shut lines, estimations were 5-10 mph but no one was sure. I made several runs first, for interest to see what difference rear wing removal etc made...and it was 6 mph! One day I hope, I will record + 200 mph!

OP
OP
N

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heres some of the times recorded, seems the porsche guy got in a time of 197 so *** was fastest by just one mph :)

*** Dodge Viper - 198mph
Porsche Ruf GT2 - 197mph
Porsche 996TT DMS - 191mph
Porsche 996 TT modified - 190mph
Jag XJ220 - 189mph
Mercedes SL600 Kleemann - 188mph (hit limiter)
RUF RTurbo - 187mph
Porsche 996TT DMS - 186mph
Porsche 996 TT X50 - 184mph
Porsche 996TT DMS (K16 turbos) - 181mph
Lamborghini Gallardo - 180mph
Lamborghini Diablo - 177mph
Mercedes CL55 - 177mph
Audi RS6 modified - 177mph
Porsche 993 TT - 175mph
Porsche GT3 - 172mph
BMW M3 CSL - 168mph
Ferrari 360 Spider - 168mph
Skyline - 168mph
TVR Tuscan - 166mph
Ultima CanAm - 163mph
TVR Griffith - 159mph
Mercedes 500SL - 156mph
Subaru - 153mph
Porsche Boxster - 148mph
Chimaera - 146mph
Morgan Aero 8 - 135mph
Lotus Elise - 121mph

vipeuup

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats on the win. Man there were alot of nice cars out there. You guys got better car choices out there in the UK.

Mr Hemi Head

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Neil
There was a segment of the video that shows Nadine with no side sill on the drivers side.It looked like the cat and muffler were in place. :confused:
Awesome video it apppears that most of the cars from Londons Chelsea neighborhood showed up.LOL

Rick

KWIK96

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Great video, thanks for sharing.

Nadine certainly has the shizzle and zizzle!
She beat quite a good field. :2tu:

That mini driver looked like he was having a great day. He seened to be in everything.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Excellent Nadine!!

Tape up the *oglights next time.. (my eph key doesn't work on this computer ;) )

Gerald

OP
OP
N

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
*** had experienced a heat issue with the exhaust so thats why the side sill was missing

all the cars and event organisers are members of a huge UK forum, which the UK viper club is part of www.pistonheads.com hence the array of different vehicles
all the regulars know each other, there's a waiting list of 300 plus cars wanting to fill the limited places

taping the foglights is a good idea Gerald, maybe a shaped lump of polystyrene to fill the holes blended into the fascia would be best then tape over that to hold it in, it would stop the tape being pushed in

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
If you wanna skip to Nadine's best runs, its at about 35 minutes into the vid, and 37:10. You hear the whine of the blower before you see her, then wham, she's gone.

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Nadine,
Congratulations on the highest MPH at the event.
We know you'll hit 200 soon.
Take off the windshield wiper arms on your next attempt.
Also, a front spoiler, as close to the ground as possible, will increase your speed by a possible 10-12 MPH.
My old Corvette went 227 MPH when I sold it to Rick Doria and he used it in the Silver State race.
Regards,
Sean

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm flattered by your nice comments, thanks for the support and encouragement. Wipers arms are coming off, and fog lights taped next time! Sean I need to talk to you about that front splitter, and more Roe power!

Hey, if you're wandering why I didn't take off in a smokey burnout...it's because I couldn't, there had been local resident noise complaints, (damn invisible low flying jet every time I fired up!!) so I had to keep all the noise down infront of everyone and where possible! That sure was exercising super human willpower! I'd ordered some supertraps exhaust-end silencers, but they didn't turn up in time, and were on back order for so long that I forgot about them (thanks Chuck for recently taking delivery of them)!

Thank you all, sorry I didn't quite get Viper to + 200 mph, next time...I will...and plans are driving naked for charity!!! (...I just had a ****** cancer scare, and have been liaising with cancer research, they have a yearly fund raiser walk / run event which ladies compete '*******' (in their bras!). (I used to run marathons until I badly broke my leg in a motorcycle accident, now my competitive running days are over) but, I was chatting to them and said: hey, I can compete in my Beloved for a 200 mph run in just my bra, but then why wear a bra (I have good harness straps, and the under-wire-bra is additional weight!!) "if" it's a good charity fund raiser, I will do it true ******* / totally naked, except for driving shoes! Neil, you are my official photographer, don't get the shakes!! :D