V1 On The 101 In Az

viperjer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a new Valentine Radar detector and it does not go off for the Cameras in Scottsdale on the 101. It does go off for the camera vans on the side of the road. Any one else notice this or know why that would happen?
Thanks Jerry

Tranzow

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ditto that! I picked up my Valentine last week and drove to Laughlin. Relaxing 82mph drive passed Wickenburg. I noticed that it didn't pick up the cameras on 101, but I know where all are located. Special note: only cop that it didn't pick up was one parked at a construction site (no work being done on Sunday). Must not have had his radar on, but almost caught me off guard. Sneaky little devil!

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe the 101 cameras are using a non-radar technology with sensors buring in the freeway (like the sensors buried in some race tracks) that are matched up with the cameras to synchronize the photography. I don't think they have any positive safety value other than Scottsdale making money - but they sure do work. Just gotta be a local and know where they are.

OP
OP
V

viperjer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I spend a lot of time in Laughlin. Would like to drive my Viper once. Id love to nail it on that stretch to Kingman. I have had one photo ticket from the van hidden on hayden and pinnacle peak. It went in the trash as quick as I got in the mail at my PO. They have to serve you to make them legal. That was last year.
Thanks for the info.

Last edited:

Tranzow

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viperker.

That's right, they have to serve you but guess what, I got careless after over 1 yr. and I was served for photo (12 over) on Cactus. You can't hide forever!

OP
OP
V

viperjer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reg your car with a po box address. They don't bother. Get a hold of a back issue of New Times dated Feb 8 - 14th 07. They have a huge article about it.

k4site

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You cannot reg a car in AZ with a PO box, we are alot smarter than in NY

OP
OP
V

viperjer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You cannot reg a car in AZ with a PO box, we are alot smarter than in NY
When I bought my cars I used my PO for all of my Reg info. I get all of my renewals and tags sent to my PO in AZ.