VA-MD VCA Convoy to Carlisle

Ron Hickey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Virginia-Maryland VCA Convoy to Carlisle will meet at 6:15 am Saturday, July 8, at the Park-n-Ride at the Urbana-Buckeystown exit off I-270, south of Frederick. We'll depart promptly at 6:35, and proceed north on I-270 to Frederick, then west on I-70 past Hagerstown, and then north on I-81 to Carlisle. This route, although slightly longer than US-15 north through Gettysburg, is just as fast, since we're running Interstates the whole way. We could also swing by the rest area on I-70 just before Hagerstown to pick up anyone wanting to join us there. Obviously, this route is not very direct for people who live in Baltimore and points north; I-83 is a better choice for them.

Va-Md members wishing to join our convoy should contact me.

Shortcuts to avoid in-town traffic are published in another thread in this forum.

FLOORIN04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM RT 15 AND GETTYSBURG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The cops and traffic will be nasty.
Bike week +Reinactment=Alot of cops and traffic jams everywhere..

I will be going up 94 from Hanover area.If anyone is coming from Owings mill area.

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be there Ron. I'm going to ask Chris, Brian and Wolf along too. I also invited a Prowler. So we have a potential 5 car convoy up to your starting point.

Ken Lally

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The Virginia-Maryland VCA Convoy to Carlisle will meet at 6:15 am Saturday, July 8, at the Park-n-Ride at the Urbana-Buckeystown exit off I-270, south of Frederick. Va-Md members wishing to join our convoy should contact me.

Is this meetup still a go?

OP
OP
R

Ron Hickey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes it is. Weather forecast is mid-to-upper 80's, partly sunny. No rain in sight. Will you be joining us at the Park-n-Ride?

Knight Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Is there anyone going from the Harford county area up I-83? I got my car back together this week and would like to go but I didn't pre-register

Ken Lally

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes it is. Weather forecast is mid-to-upper 80's, partly sunny. No rain in sight. Will you be joining us at the Park-n-Ride?

I'll be there, sooooo early. This is a diff place then were we met for the Fall cruise right Ron?

Now I gotta find a sitter..

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there anyone going from the Harford county area up I-83? I got my car back together this week and would like to go but I didn't pre-register

Did you check with Tom? You can register at the event.

OP
OP
R

Ron Hickey

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Check with Charles Baynes in Belcamp. He's definitely going to Carlisle. I PM'ed you his home phone number.