very rare viper for sale!

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's getting to the point where cars not signed by Shelby will bring more money.

OP
OP
big-n-italian

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i do not have much info on these cars right now. for a long time i thought there were only 19 made. tonight i found a plackard on this black one that says (10) of (25). however, this appears to be the only black one made.

1196_shel4.jpg

so i must now go back and re-edit all of the past shelby comments.

1196_shel3.jpg

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So Shelby signed it, put a fin on the back and cut a piece out of the facia. Oh, and added the wheels.

Not worth a penny more than a standard Viper IMO.

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am with Casey. Not worth any more than another 96 RT/10. To me the only "real" Shelbys were built in the 60's and were known as Cobra's and Mustang's.

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought a glove box signed by CS door for my '94RT. They were readily available back then.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This car was on ebay a while back. Not a fan of the wing or the sneaky pete on the hood.

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I don;t even know if those models were "endorsed" by Chrysler. I don't know that they will ever bring big money like a vehicle that was sanctioned by it's maker.(For example, the SuperBirds were assembled completely by Plymouth, and Charger Daytonas were sanctioned by Dodge, but modified by Creative Industries)

I see the Shelby Vipers simply as an aftermarket conversion...ya know, like painting dolphins on.

All kidding aside, that's why there is chocolate and vanialla...to each their own.

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They could have done the signature a little nicer. Looks like Crayola or a Sharpie. At least engrave the number and signature or something.

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
not factory authorized, they were converted by the dealer(Fitzgerald). I think the agreement with Shelby allowed for 25 to be built and the demand by the public only supported the 19 that were actually built. the value now may be only slightly more than a stocker at this time(in my eyes) and in the future it may or may not be a huge premium. If i had a crystal ball i'd be picking lotto numbers though.

Klayfish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess it's a matter of how much you value 'ol Shelby and his signature. If you hold him in high regard, it may add value for you. Having come from the Cobra replica ownership group, I can tell you that was a huge debate all the time over there.

For my own $.02, I could care less if Shelby signs it. I respect him for putting the original Cobra together, but his recent actions have tainted my opinion of him.

Steve

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Such diplomacy. Say it! The thing is fugly. Someone took a perfectly decent Viper and turned it into an eyesore.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bob:

Your a funny guy. I will have to agree with you although those words are harsh :D . Never knew you were in Miami. I am down there all the time.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960