Viper/car Storage

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score
Autowerks [Ron] here in IL stores cars too. Climate controlled and all safety features in place. But, I doubt this information will help you since you are in CA :)

Have you tried google?

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If its outside, get a good cover. Mine stays outside alot but with the cover the paint and shine look new.

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've rented 'public storage' spaces before - I had to look hard for one that you could drive into, but I did find one and it was a good deal. Most of them don't want you to use it for car storage, but they didn't seem to care when it came down to it... If you have the space, the Cover-IT garages work great - I have one of them and have stored the Viper in it when I didn't have garage space. Downside to those is that they tend to get really humid if you install them on soil or grass.

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We're on opposite sides of the country but there are tons of RV/Motor home storage facilities around which are fully enclosed units that are designed for motor homes (12-14 ft high, 12 ft wide & 30-40 ft long). Usually temp (off-site) storage is covered under your home owners insurance - you may want to up the "contents" value for a few months if necessary. If the storage unit folks ask what you are storing, tell them "equipment", "technical equipment", not hazardous.

Good luck!

I've rented 'public storage' spaces before - I had to look hard for one that you could drive into, but I did find one and it was a good deal. Most of them don't want you to use it for car storage, but they didn't seem to care when it came down to it... QUOTE]

ZexZo6

Viper Owner
Reaction score
you can get a storage garage for 60-70 a month, look for a good neighborhood though. You can also buy a small connex, like a half-con or something if you want to invest your money into something. I bought a handy house that fits the car in there. I have to use ramps, but I am paying towards it and it will be mine, so no storage fee later down the road. I go for 4-6 month outings frequently so it is worth it for me. I wouldn't leave it outside. Having a car cover on it isn't always a good thing either. Big winds will start to make it flap and then come loose. All the rubbing will dull paint in areas. I had it happen to me with a Z06, and I had it tied down really good.

Do what ever you want, but at least keep it inside!