Viper/Corvette/Mustang/Z28 SS VIDEO !! AMAZING !!

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Folks,

After a HECK of a weekend up at Mid Ohio (Viper Days), I am about to hand over all of my captured film/video to a man with AMAZING talent for creating VIDEOS/Art Work !! He does some awesome things with a Camera. I will post his creation from Viper Days (Mid. Ohio, aka this past weekend) as soon as he is done, BUT the point in THIS post is to show this young man's talent !! Take a look, and I HIGHLY recommend the BIG download !! You wont be disappointed, plenty of HOT sports cars doing what they do best..... being BAD !!

PS. A fellow viper owner is going to have my A-Z-Z when he sees HIS car in this video... uh oh !!

-Jon (aka, IT WASNT ME..)

Please RIGHT CLICK and SAVE AS -- I have 3 different sizes for download. If you have highspeed, it really is worth it to download the larger file.

23.8 MB

73.1 MB

156.6 MB

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My critique.

Great production and some good camera angles.
Too much credit stuff - takes up bandwidth.
Great tunes until that ***** hip-hop rap-crap junk at the end.
I've seen enough F-body line-locks, donuts and dragstrips to last me a lifetime. More track footage would have been great. What little there was was great.

They should spend their time at ViperDays. They'd put together a great video.

OP
OP
2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol, thanks for the Critique Chuck.(I'll pass it on to him)

Wait for the VIPER only vid coming, after I submit my clips to him tonight, not sure what the turn around time will be.

PS. Not that it matters, but at 22, I'd say the kid's got something !!

-Jon

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hah! Chuck you took the words RIGHT out of my mouth, I was just going to post that.. I could only watch it 1/4 way through... I can only take so much of burnouts and donuts... *yawn*

Gerald

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PS. Not that it matters, but at 22, I'd say the kid's got something !!

-Jon

No doubt Jon! It's a great job, just needs more track footage. Nothing like seeing a half dozen cars flogging it through a turn. There's a lot of work that goes into those clips.

Oh yeah, and the hip-hop c-rap. Gawd, I hate that wimpy music. LOL

Dunn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is a great video, with great editing skills, really liked the slow down motion of when the SS was doing a burnout. Can't wait to join you guys sometime this summer when I get back from ECU!

Vreracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would shorten it. I agree with Chuck that I ran out of time after about 5 minutes.

A pet peeve of mine is using "fancy" credits in a situation where they aren't warranted. A quick title would have sufficed. We're here to watch cars drive not to see how clever he is. The Star war title is getting a little overdone and is pretty much of a 70's thing. The Adobe website had a tutorial on doing it with AE about a year ago.

I also agree with being careful with the redundancy.

If you really want to be creative try to get some kind of story line going. Something where you wonder what's going to happen at the end.

If two of us turned it off before the end it makes you concerned during the viewing that you're going to watch 15 minutes of random video shots.

Maybe break it up into 5 minute parts.

A good video but needs a little work.

I'm not trying to run it down. If there was no potential they would just ignore it. (Like they do with mine)

OP
OP
2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

All good stuff, I knew posting it would bring opinions, and view points, which this guy is not opposed to. I'm hoping he takes this all into account when building my mid.ohio one. Keep in mind, this was made as a DVD, not really an internet clip so to speak, he was trying to do more of a production thing as he wants to get into film school. I cant knock the guy, because I think he is a doing a hell of a job, for having no formal training...

Thanks for the input guys !!

-Jon

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

All good stuff, I knew posting it would bring opinions, and view points, which this guy is not opposed to. I'm hoping he takes this all into account when building my mid.ohio one. Keep in mind, this was made as a DVD, not really an internet clip so to speak, he was trying to do more of a production thing as he wants to get into film school. I cant knock the guy, because I think he is a doing a hell of a job, for having no formal training...

Thanks for the input guys !!

-Jon

The comments about the opening credits still apply to the DVD. There really seemed to be no motivation for the Star Wars type credits. They didn't add anything to the video. Honestly, I would try to come up with another opening that seems to have more to do with the content of the video. At the very least, if you do keep the star wars credits, cut down on the credits swinging back and forth in the begining. Also, have the guy smooth out his animation curves.

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can say one thing with great passion. I saw enough boring cars like Firebirds and Camaros to make me wan to puke! Watching them do donuts over and over again was as exciting as watching a station wagon smoke its tires. But that's just content. The putting together of it all was good. Thumbs up on that. The music was great, too. And timing action to the music was done quite well, and added to the energy of the video. It's just that the energy was killed off quite a bit by bad content - seeing the same Firebirds (black Firebird!) go round and round...and round and round....
As for the ending of the video, again, just a difference of opinion on the choice of content, I could have done without the rap crap. Part of me is glad I downloaded the BIG VERSION, while another part of me is fighting to forget that d^mn black Firebird doing donuts! and wants to punish someone for that. *chuckle*
All in all, it was fun, but not worth it since there weren't **** for Vipers in it. Heh-heh. Thanks for sharing.
P.S. Never inform us of another video if it has any Firebirds or Camaros doing donuts like a station wagon on crack! LOL

You must be registered for see images

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Being an f-body owner as well as Viper even I was bored to tears with the burnouts and slow-mo drifts. A few to kick things off? Sure. 10 minutes of it though??

No racing either - what gives? I kept thinking "they'll save the good stuff for last" - all these quick cars and not a single race. C'mon!!!! To be fair, whomever made this probably just worked with what they had footage wise but you need some real action for people to watch all the way.

Also, bookending the flick with two sets of LONG credits = lame. Just because the it took a lot of time to do doesn't mean your audience will appreciate it (I don't know who did the video work so I'm not judging whomever posted this - I have no idea if you did it or not).

Some good editing and timing to the tracks though.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Film can be a powerful medium for expression, just like music or art.

The filmaker needs to see the film through the eyes of others, and learn how to capture their attention without making them nauseous with repetition.

Once in a while, I play back a tape of my guitar playing, and at first I am shocked at how bad I sound. I have to accept that, and let it spur me on to improve, and when I think I am sounding better, I listen to a tape of myself again, and then the process repeats!

I'm sure this filmaker will go much farther, and even now displays excellent technical skills.

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't mean to beat a dead dog, but I'll give you my take on it. I like burnouts and donuts. Too many of them, especially most of them being in slow motion, gets old and quick. I like burnouts because you get to see how fast the wheels must be spun to produce smoke billowing out the rear, slow mo takes away from that. If you keep it real speed, this will reduce the over-repetion of the vid by reducing the time. I see you have some drag racing, get more in there! I like most of the camera angles where they are on the car. Especially the Viper burnout at the strip, but not the Silver Mustang(?) where it's just showing the grille. Nothing exciting about that. Neither are most of the highway and public road traveling scenes. I liked the two car donuts! I appreciate the way the perple Camaro donut was split up and the pieces overlapped, nice touch IMO. You do not need 4 minutes of credits. It's not a full produced and payed for video. Speed them up and have at least two columns. The Viper burnout in the credits could have been put in the reg part of the video.

Not to filmaker- Keep up the work, it'll only get you better with practice and public critiquing.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am soooooo glad there is no mustang or f body in my driveway or anywhere near it. After watching this video seems the only thing they are good for is doing donuts and burn outs on public streets.

Is this the American version of drifting videos? If so please make it stop, we have enough rice in the world.

OP
OP
2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol, you guys are killing me. AT this point, I HAVE to be down to like 459.9 hp, since you just beat TO DEATH one horse. I am sorry if your not into mustangs/camaros/vettes or burn outs, or whatever. But I liked it, I posted it, and I STILL stand by the view that it was higly entertaining for myself. I am sorry that not eveyone else found it as entertaining, but then again, thats what this board is for. People can CLICK on whatever they WANT, and ALSO NOT click on something they dont want. If your reading this post, and you think the video will **** ... then DONT "CLICK & Download". If you can appeciate other cars besides vipers, feel free to click. Also, if you dont like it, guess what its been covered !! I NOW know folks dont see it the SAME way I do. Some do, some dont. All good. Stop beating the 1 horse. I worked hard to get my mods up to 460hp, now I gotta find a way to get my 459 back up to 460, since one horse has been beat to death SOOOOO BAD. :p

randall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hanging out of t-tops holding vid-cams,mullet hair cuts,doing donuts in a paking lot with the boys?all cool when i was fourteen. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You were driving at 14 ?? Dang you are REALLY cool now. Hmm, couldnt find those mullets, but I guess you were working on a new horse to beat huh ??? Going to get me down to 458hp ?? All good, got plenty to spare.

-Jon

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the word AMAZING in your subject is what's bringing people in over and over again to see what's up.

When you post something like that in a public forum like this (especially with the huge buildup), you're gonna get some people who love it, some who hate it and some who want to give you their impressions.

People offering suggestions aren't beating a dead horse - they're just trying to help you (or whomever made it) get better the next time you do it.

If people commenting on the same thing over and over again bugs you, take the videos down or ignore the people offering you their opinions.

(or make some jokes about your Viper going limp one post at a time. It's all good. :) )

OP
OP
2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Viper/Corvette/Mustang/Z28 SS VIDEO !! AMAZING to ME!!

Lol, I would CHANGE THE TITLE if I could. But oh well, I cant. So I'll just count my HORSES going down as they keep beating them.. lol... 457 now. Hope I have enough to beat a Mustang when you guys are done with me. But hey, keep it coming, im resilient. Figured we all had better things to do then to keep providing the SAME feedback. I mean if it was DIFFERENT feedback, then beneficial, but same stuff over and over and over again, is well, like others pointed out.. dead horse.. but I got 457 to go. Who will run out first ??

PS. Sorry I dont know Mac, I'd help if I could.

-Jon

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang